Looking for empty powder bottles

I don’t think he’s doing either, @Oldbloke, just dropping some truth bombs.

I’m really in the dark about how powder should be stored. There are a few old wifes tales or maybe truths about not leaving your powder even in the plastic thrower for a period of time which I have heard from overnight to one bloke who leave it in while he has lunch for fear of the powder degrading.

I am not so worried about the static part of it as I have used an ice cream container to collect all the components after dismantling loads. It quickly becomes graphite coated and kernels no longer stick to the sides.

So perhaps further investigation should be done before putting a wad of cash in a cordial bottle.

Strongly disagree. If you had a close family member die under an excavator or from mesothelioma you might have diferent opinon.

1 Like

I’m with you @Oldbloke, though throughout my career I have had many “passionate discussions” with the OH&S department.
Most are practical people and happy to work with others, but some are the opposite and almost seem to go out of their way to make life difficult.
I find it is mainly the young uni graduates trying to make a name for them selves.

Unfortunately OH&S is a necessity given the lack of common sense that some people are lacking in the work force.

1 Like

I’ve got a wallet bursting at the seams with induction cards for different sites,shires, schools,corporations, factories,departments, parliaments,councils etc etc along with enough cards on lanyards to make Flava Flav look sensible.Not to mention a hardhat covered in stickers, my old one was almost full before some bastard pinched it, my new one only has ten or so.
Some of my jobs the compliance is overbearing, particularly when its outsourced to a foreign for profit company. I “sacked” a client last month because the company they subcontracted compliance to wanted a figure that was around 50% of our annual turnover with them- not profit- total turnover. I wish them luck finding someone else in my very specialized field, but they were deferring maintenance, rather than doing preventative maintenance.
All that being said not every employer is ethical, and not every employee is capable of joining Mensa.OH&S does save lives, albeit at some inconvenience and additional cost.

I’m not picking on OH&S in general. I’m picking on OB specifically.

I have about 30 I am not using

1 Like

Hi Deye243. Welcome.
If those bottles r full of ar2208 Ill have a dozen. Lol

Hey, @Deye243, ignore oldbloke. He’s old and half the time tries to dig with his muzzle loader and shoot his shovel.

Thanks. Just settled on those systema boxes from woollies. Has a lid with a rubber seal, so should be good, methinks. It’s just for leftovers from hopper, that typically gets used up quickly anyway.

:slight_smile:

:+1:

If only these young blokes had the wisdom us oldblokes have it would be a better world.

The first step in learning and becoming wise is to understand that in the scheme of things you currently know SFA.

@Oldbloke I think at the next plinkfest you should hold a briefing that all must attend before they are allowed to shoot.
That way the young blokes might learn a trick or two and survive to become old blokes.

No, they need us elders to take them under their wings like the children they are. Over a number of years most will ultimately understand & perhaps learn.

The rest will be lost in the evil lost zone.

1 Like

I belong in the evil lost zone, occasionly I try to leave but the lure me back with fun!