Loading for 455 Webley

.454 expecting expension of the base I presume…

I believe that’s how it works.

Mmmm worth a try.

@Martini have you triad trail boss in webley?

Tried it in 45 colt, its pretty timid…not the best powder, for accuracy…

I have and it was terrible; the projectiles bounced off the metallic silhouettes. I was using Mk II cases, and I just don’t think it’s possible to safely get enough Trailboss in there to generate enough velocity for the cartridge to be effective.

1 Like

Yeah ok. Interesting. Might load a handful in larger cases and see how it goes. I’ve cracked 800fps with it in 44 with a 4" barrel, so fingers crossed…

Good plinking powder…i wouldnt rely on it for serious target competition

I am not intimately familiar with it, other than loading for plinking. Why do you think it’s not good for target comps?

Just didnt seem very consistent out of my Colt, but the new sights will confirm, and tell all. Im not a fan of low density loads, and thats essentially what TB is for. Another reason why im going paperpatch hard, they thrive on maximum case density, unlike grease grooved cast bullets.

1 Like

Trailboss is intended for close-range cowboy action shooting work and I’ve never had any issues with it for that in .45LC. It’s also great for .45/70 loads for general target shooting use and surprisingly accurate in that cartridge, IME.

1 Like