Lithgow Museum Robbery

The Lithgow firearm museum has been broken into and robbed. There is video of the robbery I wonder what the target of the break in was any old gun or the more valuable collectors items.

On the news report I saw it looked like they went for the newer more common stuff that’d be easiest to sell to crooks. I don’t think they were enthusiasts going for rare guns to bolster their collections :rofl:

The update on the news said they were handguns that were stolen and they made a small comment that they thought they may be able to re work them to make them useable again.

I do remember a few years ago there was a story that the museum was defacing the artifacts by making them de activated. Stealing de activated guns seems a bad risk reward equation to me.

1 Like

They might not be smart enough to realise that they’re deactivated and even then are probably still good for using in a hold up.

Look like this was maybe not well planned and scoped out before hand but they definitly knew what they were after. Have a look at the CCTV they check every case and only smash and grab the one after inspecting them all.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?mibexti … R2Cw4QTokf

I see they have arrested 3 people in relation to this and recovered some of the guns.
I’m not sure if its the 3 people in the video who were actually arrested though.

1 Like

That was quick, they were clearly criminal masterminds. :grin:

2 Likes