Lever Release Centrefire Rifles

I’ve been interested in these bad boys ever since I got myself a Savage A22R. I find it a whole lot of fun to use, and am curious as to why there are no lever release centrefire rifles, especially a carbine in something like 9mm that could take glock style magazines. There is a manufacturer over in the UK, it’s just a shame there is no product similar over here. See below.

http://www.southern-gun.co.uk/Gun-Builder

Yep, UK is mad keen on them. They are called MARS action or something similar… Why… Simple. Because appearance laws. What we need is local companies producing a few… Then again, very small market. Too many, ‘no body needs that’ fudds, which makes the market smaller. And on top of that - a price tag, which further reduces the market size. That’s why.

Personally, I’d love a couple!

Nail on the head.

The Verney Carron is a gas operated lever release centre fire. The review on Ozzie reviews was not very good on the one he had at all however. At least for Accuracy and price/value.

It’s blow back, afaik, not gas operated. It’s too, shall we say, fancy. Pop it in a chassis or something tactical and I’d consider it. Also, the calibre choice… Not exactly a plinking gun.

That would be a whole bunch of fun! But I dont think its going to happen any time soon. Back to trying to find a Spanish Destroyer I guess.

Just for interest sake if we had carbines like these in the country what calibers would you go for apart from 9mm, I would love something I could twist the barrel off and a quick bolt change at home and go between the 9mm and 45ACP just me.

1 Like

Oh dude… 45ACP, 44MAG, 45-70 and 458Socom :slight_smile:

45-70 would be hectic lol I would also have one chambered for 7.62 tokarev, 9x39,
5.45x39, 50 Beowulf hehe

I need a moment to myself…

2 Likes

Fuck it, lever release 50bmg carbine

I know its not lever release, bit a modernised A2 stocked pump action like the 44 Mag Vulcan in rimless pistol calibers, using glock mags. 9mm & 45acp switch barrel. Locally made.

Minimum length and skeletonised everything…oooh.

2 Likes

@JizzFlinger ooh I like that idea, aren’t they basically a converted M1 carbine action! it would probably be pretty easy platform to work off.

When I grow up and become a gun maker I was thinking of something a little more rusticimage

2 Likes