Jordan Peterson on Q&A

For those interested, Jordan Peterson is on Q&A right now.

TV (or live stream here https://iview.abc.net.au/show/abc-live-stream because I am deal monitors and not getting up)

1 Like

Watching psudo-intellectual feminists debate psychology with an actual professor of psychology.

oh-my

It burns so much, I can feel it from here.

Jordan Peterson is cool as a cucumber. Some people in the audience clearly out to get him.

Oh, undoubtedly, itā€™s just awesome demonstration of stupidity. You have 40 minutes of internet research trying to ā€˜getā€™ a dude whoā€™s built a career on this over decades.

Itā€™s like trying to stop an oncoming train with your head. Worth watching, but you know how itā€™s going to end.

I donā€™t know who that lady in blue jacket is, but daaaamn she is outclassed, to sink so low to start mocking people as her ā€˜debating approachā€™. Ouch.

Iā€™m waiting for the fireworks between Peterson and Van Badham.

Van Badham (uh! Thatā€™s the bird in blue jacket) - she is severely outclassed, in both intellect and approach. Sheā€™s mocking peopleā€¦ Thatā€™s pretty much over for her. Fireworks is more like, heā€™s setting her on fire and roasting marshmallows with a smile, while singing ā€˜stuck in the middle with youā€™.

1 Like

Vanessa ā€œVanā€ Badham is an Australian writer and social commentator. A playwright and novelist, she writes dramas and comedies.

Bwahahahahahahaha

Sheā€™s spewing thingly veiled communist rhetoric. Dumb thing didnā€™t do her research, because he kinda wrote a book arguing her entire opinion (Maps of Meaning).

OMFG personal responsibility, OWNED, did you pick that up ?

1 Like

Who the fuck is that guyā€¦

I turned away for 10 minutes - what happened?

Oh entire panel is now ganging up on Badham. Made her answer first.

1 Like

All that quota stuff really irks me though - even if 50% of your candidates were women, and assuming blind selection, doesnā€™t necessarily mean that there will be 50% selected. Binomial distributions and mathematical variance are still there.

Thereā€™s a good talk somewhere on that. Something to do with STEM graduates vs hiring, albeit in USA. Something to do with 1:4 female graduates, but companies going for 50:50 hiring, meaning that itā€™s actually less men and more women.

@Tempestman
found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCrQ3EU8_PM

Actually something that Iā€™ve seen to effect in my engineering course. women are something like 10% of my engineering cohort, yet they get employed at roughly 50% of Eng grad program roles.

I wanna preface my next statement with this - they are just as competent and able as the male students.

But it really annoys loads of the dudes in the course that they get a $5,000 one off scholarship for being a woman, they have exclusive women only network programs, which run almost as frequently as as the normal ones, and theyā€™re pretty much guaranteed jobs after graduation.

I get that there is the whole historical thing, and itā€™s the encourage women into industries they were classically excluded from, but it really feels like a sins of the father thing that they effectively punish men for the decisions that past men made.

Mmmmmmmmm. There is light at the end of that tunnel.

*** update ***

Watch the link above.