Joined the Howa 223 sheep club today

Bought a Howa .223VT today…hope they still shoot as good as the last CMC Mountaineer one I had 30yrs ago…jeez I sound old…

1 Like

Pics or it didn’t happen.

1 Like

This one…dont get my hands on it till Saturday!

1 Like

Sheesh. Bit steep for a Howa. That come with a scope?

I understand there can be limited choices out in the country.

1 Like

Hrmmmm I have seen that bench before! Central Vic Bangsticks!

I like the colour and the bolt handle shape, very classy old mausaresque :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got it a bit better than that, and I like to support local. Heard too many horror stories with cl#a$ers

2 Likes

Great to deal.with! Dint like the stock, but…

I quite like the stock, from photo anyway.

re: deal with… Never bought anything from them, I just recognise the bench :slight_smile: BUT! Good to know!

1 Like

I’ve used them for a couple of stocks and bits and pieces. They now have a ‘cancel my order if not in stock’ option. Everything I ordered arrived promptly. I have heard that getting service in store can be a bit hit and miss when busy. I have heard people having issues. I have to admit though, the things they stock , many shops don’t, and they offer a good price.

2 Likes

Are you sure we are talking about the same shop @Supaduke? I thought they are online, no brick and mortar so to speak?

Cleavers. Yes they have a shop.

I was talking about Central Vic Bangsticks, not Cleavers.

Haven’t dealt with bangsticks. Does advertise some nice guns now and then.

2 Likes

Not interested in the mini action I take it? It comes with a nicer fibreglass injected stock.

No not really, they come with a plastic mag?

They have an office, and a nice stash of toys! I couldnt complian. By the time I got one posted, got my own permit, it wasn’t worth the $50 saving stuffing around. They also threw in a Super Simplex turret press, which I dont need, but it was homeless, what was I supposed to do?

2 Likes

They are worth a look if you are in the area. Not so much brick and mortar more shipping container.

1 Like

I found them real characters, good to deal with…and supporting a local dealer with my kind of firearms suits me, no postage, transfer fees…good range of vintage firearms too!

Yes they are nice people, and its well worth a look in the container if you get the chance.
Maybe a touch overpriced though.

Arent they all? That’s why I asked for a deal with the Simplex turret press I noticed in the office.