"I might just knock out a rough chopper", he says...

I think i got a bit carried away! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Doesn’t look that big, right???

14" blade.

For comparison next to my 8" Zombie slayer and 3.5" utility… i think i have a new zombie knife! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

via Imgflip Meme Generator

3 Likes

Put a wrap on the handle and sharpened her up so i can use it for a while before i decide if it’s worth spening more time on a propper handle.

Spine has been spring tempered and the blade stood up to initial testing on saplings, weed trees, a wallaby carcass i shot last night for dog food (it needed chopping up anyway) and a bit of 2b4.

2 Likes

Tested it out on some wattle trees and a fallen log.
It stayed sharp and didnt bust in two with all the beating…

It will CUT! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Only problem was the wrap handle slipped, so today i gave it a decent handle… she’s one stylish weed wacker! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

That’s beautiful mate but the real question is will “it kill”?
We don’t want to see what your knife will do to the trees, but what the trees do to your knife!

1 Like

Hahaha… here you go… still sharp…

And yes, it will kill… trees.:rofl:

Your a clever man, making my own knife is on my list of things I want to accomplish before I die.

If you ever visit Tas, i can walk you through the forging process and give you tips for handle fitting.

1 Like

Very rough scabbard so i can cart the chopper around without damaging the edge… or myself!

1 Like

Gwion Dundee, the hillbilly cousin of the redneck Dundee. LOL

Hahaha…

It’s more like a pirate short sword! LOL

I think in Victoria you have to join a club to own a sword.

1 Like

Not a sword… its a weed wacker… tricked out machete with a nice handle. Also, swords are ok in Tas. So are daggers, apparently.

In Vic you need an approval or colllector ‘licence’ for double edged blades.

There must be a lot of DIY swords out there. Lol

I’d like to know at what length does a knife become a sword?

G’day mate,
Based less on length than purpose, This 35" long Pattern 1879 is a bayonet according to law as it is intended to mount to a rifle. As such, no licence or permit required just buy and enjoy.

Not a sword at all!

2 Likes

Yep. Laws around blades are very, um, confused.

Sorry Gwion, forgot to say how much I liked your new chopper. So when are you planting the yard in sugar cane?

Hahaha…

Thanks, No1.
No sugar can but my property is being over run by a woody weed. Acer pseudoplatanus (norwegian maple or ‘sycamore’ maple). That’s what the handle is made from. Great timber but very invasive weed.