How old are those ADI tins of gunpowder?

I see a lot of tins of ADI pistol powder going for astronomical prices as per 2022.

When was the last time ADI put pistol powder in metallic containers? Im wondering how old this stuff is given the 10 years lifespan that ADI mentions in regards to its plastic tubs of powder if stored at or below 25 degrees centigrade.

1 Like

I still have a full one of these…AR2206…not H…

1 Like

The guy who originally bought these has been dead for 20 - 30 yrs.

Edit- both these powders were apparently discontinued in the 80’s

1 Like

Does that tin have a date on it or a batch number we can look up?
I think i might actually have a can of that too. Ill have a look tomorrow

1 Like

Alright show-offs! Yes, Im jelly of your old stuff, speshly the original Mulwex 2206, thats cool that you still have that. Some good 223 recipes Inused to have for that.

Id still like to know roughly what year ADI went ro plastic tubs though, if anyone has an idea. Though feel free to post pics of tins, its cool to see the old stuff again.

1 Like

I could use some old empty tins for decorating if anyone wants to part with some too. PM me and I’ll furnish you with the best kind of money; formerly government money!

1 Like

They’ve been plastic tubs for at least 12 years if that helps.

1 Like

Yes i think it has a date on it…i also have a full can of NOBEL 64…

Mulwex became ADI in the late 80s so your tin of 2206 is at least 30 year’s and change old.

2 Likes

Yeah, im hoping my Nobel 64 will.be good for 310 and other cast bullet loads…

@JizzFlinger it was still in tins in 2000

1 Like

Yeah i think the tins to plastic was around 2002…

1 Like

The 2206 looks like 1987…

2 Likes

Holy shit, that’s awesome!

So around 2000-2002 ish there abouts. Yep, I do feel sorry for the blokes buying 20 year old pistol powder. All very interesting, thank you fellas.

2 Likes

Yeah not to mention the mark up, probably cost 2 tenths of fuck all in 2000 and now they want a house deposit for it!