Help with Bushnell rimfire scope review

People keep telling me these fancy new air rifles are pretty damn loud…?

I feel a derailment coming, get yourself a thread you two or I’m going to start deleting posts :slight_smile:

@Gwion @1Fatman

1 Like

All relevant to rimfire scope choices for field use… except maybe the electric ATV… :joy:

Couldn’t you just ignore the variable feature and set it for 50 yards for field use? That’s what most fixed paralax rimfire scopes are set to.
There’s also a post on rimfire central on changing the parralax setting on non adjustable scopes. I adjusted a cheap fixed 6X Bushnell and it works ok.

I have done that but i find that focus is blurry out further and up closer.
What’s the deal on resetting factory paralax?

Pretty much just adjusting the front lens. There’s slightly different ways they are fixed in place, mine I used a jar opener to turn it, with a piece of metal holding the lock nut, across the lens.

Let us know how you go. I bought 4-12 banner (dusk till dawn) for a plinking scope. It’s fine during the day, but honestly, the light gathering capability is crap for a scope that’s marketed as something that should be better than OK for use in low light.

1 Like

He just likes to disagree…

@juststarting

Sorry to necro, but what were your experiences with the Bushnell like in the end? Thinking to pick one up in maybe 4-16 to mostly use on the range, though I definitely want to try hunting rabbit sometime in the not too far future.

All good.

Keeping in mind, that this was for a secondhand Ruger Compact…

For the price and for garden variety 22LR, nothing wrong with it.
Glass - fine, from what I can remember, I need to pull it out of the safe to take another look.
Weight on Ruger - I found it very heavy. Maybe I am just soft, but I think it’s quite heavy.
Machining - for the price, passible. If you look around on the inside of the scope, you’ll see tooling marks and what not, maybe it’s just mine. But for the price, I think it’s the scope. Overall quality - very solid, don’t see it breaking any time soon.

Overall, for the price and to go on a cheap 22, I think perfectly fine, other than the weight.

Perfect - do you still hunt with the rifle?

Was that the scope on the rifle when I went shooting with you back in August? I remember I found that set up was pretty comfy to use. I’m a pretty big lad, so a bit more weight shouldn’t be too bad.

Never hunted with that one… But now it has IR scope on it anyway :slight_smile:

If your on a tight budget, they are a fair option. But having bought a couple, i wouldnt contemplate another, especially not for range use. Image quality isn’t great, light gathering capabilities leave a lot to be desired and the reticles are too fat…

Tbh, I wasn’t thinking to spend more than $400 for the scope and the mounts altogether. Figured I would ask JS about the Bushnells seeing that I’ve read that they were okay for rimfires online.

Still learning to shoot, so I don’t really need anything fancy. Any other stuff I should keep an eye out for?

If your on a budget, they are a good buy. I have a couple and they won’t go in the bin, but I wouldnt buy another. You just need to realistic about what your getting

What other brands should I be looking at? I’m kinda tempted to spend a bit more, and get a Nikon or something.

There’s another thread here somewhere on exactly this topic. Search around. I’ll see if I can find it later.

I put a Hawke 6-18 x 50 endurance on my 25-06. To say I am very happy with it is an understatement

I saw there was a favourite scope thread, but it only had 7 replies.

You might find some useful stuff here:

1 Like