Gwion's Hand Forged Knives

I haven’t goggled it yet but I was pretty certain that Sambar didn’t shed antlers.

Sambar deer certainly do shed there antlers, usually in summer.

It must be in that same place elephants go to die. I have never stumbled across any. Or I may just not get out enough.

Guess you’d really have to be looking properly in the right place.

I found that one by standing on it while leaning against a tree when i was searching a creek for fish to cast at. Turns out the tree was a rub. Found another one by standing on it midstream while wading but didn’t keep it because it was quite degraded.

If you paid close attention around wallows and rubs, i guess there would have to be more lying about.

http://www.sambarsafaris.com.au/deer-antlers/

Correct in each case.

Not sure i like this handle and thinking of starting again but it id very comfy in the hand…

Thoughts?

I think it looks very elegant.

1 Like

223rem head stamp on each side.

Yep, that’s the bit that makes it elegant. Not busy. Not cluttered, just enough for contrast.

It’s the contouring I’m having issues with: it’s leaving me underwhelmed but it is very comfy. It’s just not popping for me…

Looks nice to me. The 223 head is a very nice touch.

1 Like

I know the feeling.

The handle looks beautiful and like it would fit the hand nicely.
Only thing is the handle looks so much chunkier than the blade.

1 Like

Yeah, i think that’s the main issue with it.

BS. If the blade is small for fine jobs, expect the handle to look big.

It’s not that small. Just under 4". Good utility size blade.

I was thinking the same that the blade is a little on the small side for the handle. But I love the handle the shape is great.

Thinking i might be able to reshape it to be a cross between the top and bottom handle shape…

@Gwion so the question that everyone is thinking, but I am going to ask :slight_smile: Because these are awesome:

Do you make them to order (already been asked)? And
Ball park $ for the time and materials?

1 Like