Gwion's Boat Project

It’s look’n good, you must be getting impatient now that you can smell the finish line.

@Supaduke, yep. Nice big casting deck for trout and bream fishing. :nerd_face::+1:

@JSS , impatient is somewhat understating the matter… thete’s only going to be 3 weeks left of the brown trout season left by the time it’s all kitted out!
:smirk:

Good news is i have a firm pick up date for next thursday! Finally…

You’ll have to work out an accommodation, beer testing, shooting and fishing package deal for me. :thinking:
I’ve got Qantas credit for tickets I bought to go to the 'States last year that expires in December this year.
Since they reckon no International flights before November, ( the events I travel to are on in July ), I might have to use the credit up domestically.

I’m sure we can figure something out, Dan! :nerd_face::+1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGd_xEqfX_I

1 Like

Latest visit…

3 Likes

Looks sweet mate

1 Like

Pick up and start fitout on Thursday! :smiley::+1::fishing_pole_and_fish:

There’s room for a gun rack some where…

7 Likes

Which part of the boat will you shag on first?

Not sure my wife is quite as excited about it as i am :rofl:

Who said anything about the wife?

2 Likes

Look’n great mate!! Just get them to make a lockable door for one of the gunwales & there’s your gun locker, you could even use it to secure weird things like fishing rods from time to time :smile:

2 Likes

Already three gun lockers up front! :wink:

1 Like

Sweet!!

Very nice rig sir. Some good times to be had there.

1 Like

Very nice mate. Custom made for what you want. Just out of curiosity, how did the restoration stack up financially? Not after a dollar figure mate just interested to know if it worked out a lot cheaper than buying something similar. Of course a custom boat gets you what you want with little compromise. Hard to account for that I guess.

Hey mate. I guess all up I’m into it about $20k with boat, new kit to install & hull reconfiguration.

Looking at everything available 2nd hand, nothing under that price point really offers exactly what i want and anything new was going to cost $20k just for the hull.

I can see myself being happy with it for quite some time. Something new & shiny would be nice but i really like having something uniquely mine.

3 Likes

100% agree mate. Well done on the restoration. Boat looks an absolute treat. Hopefully there are a few fish to be had. Oh and a cold one or two.:+1:t2::beer:

1 Like

Closer… nearly there…

4 Likes

Gunna be sweet mate

1 Like