Gwion's Boat Project

Depends how serious you are about mounting a cannon?

Haha… maybe just a mini gun on the front deck with below deck belt, shell and clip hatches… :nerd_face::crazy_face:

Not that I do alot of fishing but I think that less at the front and more at the rear to give you a bit of extra room, 400 is not much.

I’m tending to agree, @1Fatman. More room at the back will make it more friendly to two people casting at structure as well…
I’m going to trace out the deck space on the ground and do a bit of imaginary casting to see if the 1200x1600 is enough space or if i need to go 1600x1600…

1 Like

A 2" Black powder cannon sounds the go. Im sure @GUN-DMC can arrange some balls or grape shot if you need any. :rofl:

I might need some light artillery if my recent angling efforts are any sort of guide…

Well, as we committed all our time and money into growing the brewery, my poor little boat project sat depressingly unfinished with just the floor reglassed and all chopped to bits for over 18 months. I’m so time poor and all my money goes back into the business but I decided I needed to get the boat finished so I can get out and about and away from the constant stress of small business ownership…

I found some one to do the job at (hopefully) a reasonable rate. Very happy with the design. Fingers crossed all the glass work will be done by the end of this week and fit out done by end of the following week. Just in time to have a little get away for our 10year wedding anniversary.

2 Likes

WOW, nearly 2 years ago. I had forgotten all about your project.
The progress so far looks good. Can’t wait to see it done and I bet you are hanging out to put it to good use, other than a shed decoration lol.

Yes, mate. I can’t wait and driving my wife mad, jabbering about my boat and where we will take it … and by we, I mean me! :rofl:

3 Likes

You should always include the wife, I mean who else is going to open and pass you the next beer. :rofl:

2 Likes

Getting closer but all too slowly :pleading_face:

4 Likes

Looking good mate, hopefully you’ll have her on the water before I come down for that wedding I mentioned to you. :blush::fishing_pole_and_fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fishing_pole_and_fish::beers:

1 Like

Was hoping the glass work would be finished this week but as they still need to to cut and finish hatches then apply final colour coats, that ain’t happening.

Fingers crossed early next week, then I can have it in for fit out.

1 Like

I bet you won’t miss working in a cloud of fiberglass dust mate !!! :beers:

Yeah. I’m not doing the work because I just don’t have time. Found a business to do it but they have a very loose approach to client service. Was told it would be finished mid Feb… went to check in today and not a soul working at 230pm…

I’m happy with the work, just not the progress and delivery…

Yeah that’s pretty bloody slack mate :turtle::snail:

1 Like

I recently called in to the workshop of a former employer. 11.30AM on a Friday, boss not there, ( he was out at the mine doing my old job ), the two “mechanics”, ( I use the term VERY loosely ), were sitting down sucking on beers. I asked if maybe it was a bit early only to be told to get fucked, " any time is beer o’clock".
And my former boss wonders why nothing gets done and the quality of the work is shithouse

5 Likes

Yep. Similar. Boss away on a job and he reckons his guys only do half a day of work when he’s not there.

So freaking close… arghhhhhh!!!

“Bill dropped the Duratec additive and its two weeks away from top coat…”

5 Likes

Looks good… Is that a casting platform on the foredeck? Be nice on inland waters.