Gun adds I wish I could buy!

A bloke was telling me about those at the range the other day, he reckons they’re the best quality shotguns out of Turkey. I don’t know what he thinks qualifies him to make that comment, but he was giving them a pretty big rap. He said they’re meant to be a straight pull knock off of a Benelli M4, don’t know how that quite works :grin:

1 Like

I think Sulun straight pulls are semi-auto in other countries. I was able find a couple references to it as the Turknelli M4 on /r/CanadaGuns. Looks to be decent.

3 Likes

They’ve been discussed on a certain other Australian gun forum and those who have them seem very happy with the quality.

1 Like

I now regret my Adler purchase.

Mind you, it was half the price.
I have a reasonable U/O shotgun.
Was really looking for a tacticool shotgun and the magazine fed ones weren’t quite doing it for me. I like the classic lines of the tube fed. I may have to change my mind…again.

1 Like

What is wrong with you!!!

I didn’t know about the Sulun when I bought the Adler.

Looks cool as FK.

2 Likes

I’m with you @Supaduke, i rang to enquire on one today, they only have black available for this shipment, the tan & olive camo are all taken, they said this shipment should be here in about two weeks.
They have a couple being sent to cleavers from that lot, so i’m going to try and check one out in the flesh first, then if they’re up to the hype i’ll order one. Normally i’d be straight onto the black one (i’m a simple creature), but in this case i reckon those tan ones look pretty tempting too even though they’d be a longer wait, oh well got some time up my sleeve to decide.

At that price I’d pony up another hundred bucks for a Berika.

I’m trying to love the Berikas.
But the Benneli profile really floats my boat.

I’m not a fan of the mag fed shotguns, tube all the way. I’d pull the wings off a thousand angels for a Benelli, so i guess this is the next best thing, although a far far second lol.

3 Likes

The mention of compatible parts is also a bonus.

Unless someone decides it is “easy” to convert them to semi and they get banned or Cat C.

I decided not to live in fear of possibilities.
It put me off a few purchases. Then I just thought , why not. At worst I lose it, at least I get to use one.
I doubt they contain any parts or space for a recoil/gas operation.
I think it would be harder than people think to convert one , beyond a dodgy heavy spring and bolt , straight blowback… No thanks.
I think if you had the skills to convert one, you would have the skills to build one from scratch anyway.
I could be completely wrong.
I’m pretty sure the Adler, and the first variety of straight pulls, underwent some fairly intensive scrutiny before being allowed in.
I imagine there is some sort of accepted mechanism that all straight pulls would be similar to.

3 Likes

Yup and if you have one and they ban it yours would likely get grandfathered.

1 Like

1 Like

Where do you put the laser?
Nice looking stock though.

No contest. I’m changing my order tomorrow.

4 Likes

yeah, there is no contest.

Oh bah! Now I want a new(er) gun! Pricks

Nice! A 303 that shoots a wide range of bullets! I can see a lot of 303s with sad barrels going this way…