I think a lot of people don’t know about alternative sellers to LGS. This becomes a little more noticeable when you are cleaning more than a handful of calibers and need a calibre specific brush or a jag. At an gun shop a brush and a jag will easily send you in to $17 - $20 territory, which is madness! Considering that brushes need to be rotated and just the price for what it is! Seriously ridiculous!
So I thought I’d share my usual places where I re-stock on various junk supplies for my pew-pews. Excluding anything that goes boom, obviously. I think there are a lot of cheap firearms supplies/cheap shooting supplies, as long as you are willing to wait for delivery a couple of weeks.
So, cheap shooting supplies, cheap cleaning gear, cheap freaking everything ahead!
- https://www.aliexpress.com My go to…
- http://www.dx.com My go to…
- https://www.banggood.com Not a lot of stuff, but worth knowing about.
- https://www.fasttech.com Not a lot of stuff, but worth knowing about.
- https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/xhunter_au awesome eBay seller, next suburb over, so that’s convenient.
- https://www.ebay.com.au/str/midwayaustralia another awesome Australian eBay seller, but mostly for reloading stuff.
Some keywords for your searches:
- rifle brush
- rifle butt
- gun cleaning
- bore snake
- cleaning jag
- tactical pouch (@AusTac you’re welcome)
- chest rig (@AusTac you’re welcome, again :))
- gun grip
Anyhow… I shop with these sites often, not just gun stuff. A lot of components for various electronics projects, house hold stuff and random junk. Most of the time you will get, either free shipping or something like $2 or $3.
Sometimes, some things are not cheaper than LGS or less convenient. And sometimes some things are not on one site, but heaps on the other. Other times, both sites have them, so I just pick the cheapest deal - if reviews are similar; or one with better reviews, but usually it’s just the cheapest one.