Gender equality in the workplace

Stuff above - 100% Men and women are different and sometime, male career chooses are 100% wrong and unsafe for women. No argument about that what so ever. And sometimes, it’s not support that they need, but a different career choice, because we are different. I am certainly not debating that.

The meme was provocative - it’s to start a conversation, sorry if you thought I meant 100% of women need to get back in the kitchen - hopefully I’ve clarified I’m not a “disaffected male”.

I just think we’ve got it wrong at the moment and need to encourage young people to partner up earlier and start their families before they aim to be CEO.

You’ve got a whole working life but a finite period of fertility for women. It’s excellent at 20, starts to get sketchy in your 30s and by 40 it’s very poor.

The modern study / start career pay your hecs / made it / now buy house and try and have kids structure isn’t good in my opinion.

Childcare is fucked and does a lot of harm to women’s equality… There have been times where if my wife worked an extra day she got $20 after tax and childcare.

Possible Solutions?
Bring back free but strictly merit based study/tafe, make it easier to study or do your apprenticeship while raising young kids and pay it back later in taxes instead of the horrendous HECS bills at the start of your career?
Subsidised housing / cheaper long term rentals for young families (currently only really available for the no hopers and mentally ill) - pay more later or buy a house when the kids are school age and you both are firing on all cylinders career wise.

Fuck knows but I was trying to say quotas don’t fix a significant structural problem and they might actually make things worse for this country and some businesses.

Holy wow, that meme really got you right in the feels eh @juststarting? Hahah.

There is no equality in nature, the idea of gender equality in anything is another one of those fantastic abstract arbitrary bright ideas of humanity like sex changes and affirmative action. If we want equality, why not start at the bottom? Let’s get more women dying of workplace injuries- currently almost 30:1. We need to get those numbers UP right guys? Can’t have one woman dying for every 30 blokes, that’s just not equal.

We also need them doing the shit jobs. Cleaning up spew and feces and bodily discharge is done almost totally done by men in hospitals. Crime scene clean ups, running into burning buildings, sweeping the streets, collecting the rubbish bins, there’s a lot of equality to be administered here but for some reason they all just want to be C.E.O’s.

What is right and normal and even found in nature is Equality of Opportunity. Survival of the fittest reigns supreme in the jungle, but at least everyone gets a chance to die from the best in the business.

1 Like

Because we are a family unit. When we married we became one. I am no longer just me, I am part of a union that is totally dependent on her, it cannot function properly without her and vice versa. Our unit breaks down and becomes a burden to one of us if we cannot rely on the other.

2 Likes

Indeed. Look at some of the people that Melbourne High School produced (most obviously went on to university of course)

Ok, this is diversity / equality at it’s finest

But where does this fit in to the workpla…oh you’re in the postal service. Okay.

That was a joke. No going postal or Auspostal.

You going postal in your own shop?

Geez. Its like she is the character from The Matrix who cuts a deal with the bad guys to be re-inserted but in total wealth.

Luckily there was a follow up

1 Like

I don’t get it…

update
I had to try really hard to finish watching these jokers. Granted, listened in the background… They are so sad and bitter, but I guess this is what you get when you are a proud holder of a media studies degree (I don’t actually know but sounds like they are). Podcast at 5, MC’s shift at 7:30, lmao. Sounds to me like they are just super jealous.

Aren’t the people making these videos usually recruiters? I would think that this is a good way to attract talent.

Recruiters are getting laid off right now because of reduced hiring budgets. Not because they’re not doing their jobs.