Gel blasters to need firearms license in SA

Do you need a license and rego, safe storage and all that BS in QLD for replicas?

Some of my collection

2 Likes

Are they gel blasters or replicas?

Gel blasters. Scar-h is metal and nylon. Rest are all metal receivers and handguards with real wood for ak

1 Like

I think I need to move to QLD

Mix of co2 and green gas gel blaster handguns. Full auto on top left is a lot of fun.

Got a TTI hicappa on the way in the next week too

Not for Cat A, B, C or H stuff at present, and from February that will also include Cat D and Cat R replicas.

Gel blasters are toys at present, and being reclassified as replicas from February.

1 Like

Wow, that’s awesome and as it should be but it’s hard not to be shocked by reasonable and logical treatment of toys .
It was like that in Vic when I was a kid in the 80s / 90s, I guess it’s true what the say about QLD , it is 20yrs behind Vic but in a good way😁

1 Like

Who remembers the plastic spring powered pistols that shoot the orange plastic pellets you could order from the magazine adds in the good old days?

I miss toys like that, should of been brought back to kill time in lockdown.

3 Likes

so cool!

We’ve kicked in $1000 to the Gel Blaster Association of Australia’s fundraising to fight this completely insane ban.

They’re going to need all the help they can get - if anyone wants to contribute to the campaign, the page is here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/gel-blaster-industry-class-action-against-sapol

3 Likes

It’s crazy to think that our shooting org’s have to fight for our kids to be able to play with toys

It would be beautifully ironic if this led to a big surge in people getting firearms licenses, more firearms dealers and greater demand for gun rights.

It isn’t hard to imagine that anyone who does get a license for gel blasters might end up with actual firearms in the future. Certainly, any gel blaster retailer who has to go through getting set up as a firearms dealer isn’t going to limit themselves to gel blasters, although I know that they will all just shut down. Even if they did get licensed, I imagine their overheads will mean they can’t compete with the Queensland stores, such as TacToys who ship Australia wide.

Speaking of which, I keep getting ads for them on YouTube with this annoying guy called Corey who has the dumbest haircut on the planet. However, yesterday I got onto one of their videos and they seem really on top of their market. Super clear, friendly and well spoken. Absolutely designed to be non-threatening and welcoming. Good on them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xf7dQ1elVs

1 Like

Yeah Tac toys flood google ad words. Search for any gel blaster store and tac toys comes up. Corey is picking up his act after a bit of drama with threats to sue one of the YouTube reviewers. Community blow back to that hit their sales until they promised to drop the threat and updated their warranty terms.

There are a few better stores to deal with. Most of my stuff I get from x-force tactical, Azraels armory and tac edge. Also import a lot of parts from monkee mods in Malaysia. Get stuff half the price of local and cheap 1 week Dhl delivery.

If anyone’s interested I’ve got discount codes for a few of the stores. Think it’s 15% for tac edge and 8% for Azraels.

1 Like

They will ban firearms altogether before our time is up is my prediction !

So do we. To be honest it’s not something we love to be spending our time doing, but if we don’t, it’s the thin end of the wedge and spills over into things which affect ‘real’ guns too.

2 Likes

Totally understand mate and I’m glad you guys are standing up for this!

1 Like

I had the Walther P38 looking version, and a mate had the 92FS. They were like $28 in 1990 from the disposals store in Carnegie.

Man that thing was fun.

1 Like