Feral cat/panther/hoax or just a load of nope!

So, watch the video… WTF!

flFgB

Last time I went hunting, a few weeks ago, I saw a big German Shepherd looking dog, sneaking around and behind the hunting group. I was sitting on a hill watching things and saw this thing dart between the bushes, maybe a hundred or so meters away. Not enough time to shoulder the rifle. Interesting feeling knowing there’s a dog that could take you down, to your rear, thinking about the same thing you are, only about you… I wouldn’t say it was a scary feeling, but a little later I did question the possibilities.

It’s hard to tell how big this cat is, guessing it’s a cat by the tail. Could be a big feral, could be a hoax, could be a… Nope, I am calling in an air strike.

Exciting though… Makes the stalk a little more intense :wink: Also, why hunters should be allowed to carry sidearms!

I don’t normally tell people about it coz people already think I’m nuts, but my brother and I saw one near winchelsea, Vic early one morning on the way to a job about 3 years ago.
I did some googling and there have been lots of sightings out that way.

http://www.bigcatsvic.com.au/recent-reports/sighting-winchelsea

At risk of sounding as crazy as DMC…

About 25 years ago, Jerusalem Creek Arm of Lake Eildon. Drowning a worm and staring at the opposite ridge line and I noticed a sandy coloured critter loping along about half way up. I remember thinking to myself that I didn’t think there were still yellow dingos in that area and looking closely I noticed the way it ate up ground in that slinky, cat like manner, it’s lack of a dog like snout and the way it held it’s tail like the tail was just following it along… you know… like a cat does.

This thing had to be at least the size of a large dog and I watched if for a good few minutes before it hit full canopy cover again…

Totally open to the possibility that big cats are around in the Aussie bush.

1 Like

I saw something similar at Lake Eildon 30 years ago. It moved like a cat and was big but I only got a glimpse of it as it crossed the bush track we were hiking on

1 Like

Thing is, if they did exist they’d be evidence. A carcas, DNA samples, poo, a dead camper or two… Then again, we do see deep sea creatures wash up that we haven’t seen before. Possible, but very unlikely.

@sungazer So I’m not completely crazy after all…

@juststarting To find evidence, you need to be looking for it.

I’m sure there are dedicated puma hunters who actively are.