Eureka Stockade - Australian made lever release 9mm

9mm coming?!

Eureka Stockade Update #9 - Production Start, Price, Torture Test, 9mm Update
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rosufgYxRp0)
from about 12:40

@Australian-Sporting-Agenc interesting choice on magazines. I am but a simple Internet farmer, but for me personally the magazine choice is an immediate deal breaker on the entire gun.

The video makes quite a few wrong assertions…

“IPSC shooters are of course limited to 10 round magazines”. Incorrect.
At least in Vic (pretty chunky market) IPSC shooters, who shoot IPSC centrefire rifle and derivate comps seek commissioner approval and shoot with 30 rounders… Glock magazines are varied enough to accommodate that. 1911 single stack magazines are not. To me this is limiting a capability of the rifle for the target audience you are trying to convert. Running a pump action rifle with a higher capacity magazine is a lot faster due to fewer reloads (fact).

Few other, I wouldn’t say wrong, but wrong through omission assertion there too.

For example, emphasizing (suggesting, like this is the only case) that 1911 single stack 9mm magazines are a dime a dozen and easy to get, true, I think? But Glock magazines are a dime for 2 dozen. I would say they are a lot more common than 9mm 1911 magazines.

Glock magazines are solid and can take a punishment. And punished they will be in IPSC. 1911 magazines would survive a couple of comps before they get clogged with dirt and get dinged up into early grave. Mag changes on the clock are a different beast, they are rough, essentially you treat a magazine as a disposable part and throw it away. Glockazines will take the beating, tin 1911 magazines won’t.

1911 single stack magazines are slim, this makes it hard to grab and drive it into the magwell fast. You need something heaps chunkier. Also, sharp edges… Probably not great on fingers when you are trying to grab one fast form the belt.

1911 magazines are tin and (yes, you guessed it) have sharp edges. Mag changes on the clock would scratch the hardware into some next level dystopian looking tractor, compared to polymer Glock fun sticks that wouldn’t leave a mark.

Anyway, just my recession battered 2c opinion. I really want to see Australian manufacturers succeed, but this is a bad design choice (unless of course the magwell is not wide enough for the magazine, then I guess it’s a different story, but now you would be aiming at shooters-for-fun, not IPSC competitors).

1 Like

Couldnt agree more. We currently have an opinion difference between Jim/Rick who know the QLD and NSW market well and I guess myself who anticipated this conversation.

In short, we will be working on a glock mag adapter, issue currently is that it seems like the magazine well is not wide enough for a glock mag, meaning it will have to change. Potentially impacting the overall design so you may or may not be able to do a calibre conversion.

Rest assured, i am sure i have 100 comments about this today on youtube…you comment is just the fist i checked :wink: and as you probabaly know by now, we always listen, so thanks for the feedback…i am certain we will come up with options.
Bastian

8 Likes

You guys are awesome

2 Likes