Drool time - THE catalogue is out.

Sit back, dim the lights, put some music on and grab some baby oil…

https://www.australianarmsauctions.com/on-line-catalogue-1/

Don’t forget to get the bourbon

Bear in mind that there’s a %15 buyers premium + GST and $25 transfer fee so for every $100 bid the actual cost will be $126.50 and then $25 for the transfer. This also doesn’t factor in any dealer charges incurred to pick up the firearm or shipping. Some of their prices are way too high and don’t trust the descriptions or gradings. I’ve bought from them and was fortunate enough that their mistake was my gain :slight_smile:

1 Like

I found the auction to be very expensive. Like I said before somewhere, I’ve picked up a rifle $500+ cheaper from used guns website. That said, there are bargains to be had and some gems too. Just depends on what you’re after.

Remember, that we are after shooters and most people there are after a collection item. Never to be shot, only to be looked at. So there’s that, different requirements, standards and expectations.

If I manage to make it, I’ll be on a lookout for a couple of things, but see how things go.

It is my reason for being, and my nemesis. I will go and sit through the entire thing taking notes of prices, bidding, losing, winning (often on something I never even considered!) The descriptions are better than most auction houses selling items that may be outside their expertise, and over time you will see the price estimates are 80% correct on those items that they know well. (One is Australias leading Colt expert, a recently retired member Internationally recognized Greener and Webley expert) As for prices, juststarting points out a reality, we who collect are judging by different criteria, and pay premiums for what we want an example would be a K98k I bought which I value at over $4000 but which the general shooter would think was worth $1200 or so, due to having just 2 extra letters stamped on it. There is ALWAYS a bargain if you know what the market is, and are prepared to do your research, but at the end of the day like all auctions CAVEAT EMPTOR!

If, like me, you have been looking for a hard to find item and one comes up in their catalogue, you place your bid and cross your fingers.

There is a 9ga shotgun, that would be cool to have :sunglasses: