DMAC knives for sale

A unique item is what you get when you ask for a custom knife, a happy customer is what I want.

Thanks @Gwion , I’ve been struggling lately with my back issues so it was good to finally finish the Tanto.
Not a style I personally would have but it was good to challenge myself and try something different.
I’ve got a mate who has access to some pretty sweet vacuum and pressure equipment who has offered to do the stabilising for me, just need to supply the wood and cactus juice.

1 Like

I like how you’ve done the sheath for the Tanto. They arent the easiest thing to make look 'right’at least in my experience.

Latest efforts, decided to have a go at a carving knife. Forged this one from 26C3, a Swedish steel designed for scalpels and razors. I clayed the spine for a differential heat treatment and keep it softer to give the blade a bit of flex. 9" blade, Micarta scales with G10 liners, brass corby bolts and tube, file-work for shits and giggles. This steel polished up nicely, you can’t see it in the photo but it has a nice Harmon from the claying.

2 Likes

Also had a request for a small cleaver. Made this from 1084, Buloke scales, brass pins and tube.
It has a flat grind that runs from the edge to the hole in the blade, she’s very ready for some slice and dice.

5 Likes

Latest off the anvil. 3.5" blade of 80CrV2, Fallow antler scales with G10 liners and file-work on spine.

5 Likes

You’re not mucking around anymore hey mate. You must be almost full time the way you’re pumping them out now!

1 Like

Back’s fucked, can’t do much at the moment. Poking about building a few knives is about it.

3 Likes

Didn’t like the greying in the antler so dosed it up with a bit KMnO4 to put the brown back in, now I’m liking it a bit better. Final sanding and finish done on the blade, she’s sharpened and ready to go.

3 Likes

Hello baby!

3 Likes

Happy camper?
I hope those marks on the blade are only in the axewax.

That’s all it is :slight_smile:

Ill hit it with some prepsol when I get home, then some fancy knife oil. Feels good in the hand, a really nice chopper.

1 Like

Good to hear. I was a bit worried that I took too much off it.

1 Like

Another one that has been lurking on the bench. It is made from another billet of stainless ladder Damascus that I bought. This is the second one I’ve done with this stuff. Had a brain fade mid-build on the handle so it got put aside. Finally got around to completing it this week. The pattern is hard to see and trying to etch it was detrimental to the carbon steel core.
5.5" drop point hunter, ebony/zebrano handle on a hidden tang. Its a nice light handling knife and I was able to put a scalpel sharp edge on it. Just need to decide on how I house it now.

2 Likes

Thats looking awesome mate! Do you know the composition of the damascus at all? I’m lucky enough to own some raindrop damascus from chad nicholls which looks great but just isn’t the same as modern powder steels

Nah, just bought it as a billet from one of my steel suppliers. It comes pre-heat treated at 58HRC. It makes a nice blade but I don’t think I’ll use it again unless someone wants it. Being already heat treated and tempered, I have to be really careful shaping and grinding not to overheat it so it takes a bit longer to get it into a blade.

Finally finished the chef set for a customer. N690 Austrian made steel, fallow antler scales.

@JSS , yours is nearly done, sheath is in the press overnight, need to do the edge and it’ll be on its way.

3 Likes

They are amazingly awesome . Great work

Thanks mate! That chefs set looks awesome too, nice work.

Here 'tis.

Lost most of the texture in the antler in the sanding process but it has polished up nice. Looks almost ivory’ish.