Cz 527 (7.62x39) vs Ruger American Ranch

Okay, screw you, I bought a gun.

@JizzFlinger I still like you and I am still going to buy you wings and we are will still going to have a range date. But! There’s a small matter of posting the thing about you know, where I was correct.

:smiley:

What did you get mate?

Ruger American ranch

7.62x39?

Correct. I thought about Cz, it’s puuurty in a refined European kind of way, but list of pros on the Ranch model by far outweighed the pros of Cz.

1 Like

Wouldn’t have gone wrong with either mate. Congrats on the new arrival. Keen to hear how it shoots for you. :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

I hope it malfunctions and blows his dick off.

2 Likes

Go on… Also, kinda rude, mate. Safety is not a laughing matter.

Have you shot it yet?

No, not yet.

You going to try that Hornady steel case ammo mate?

I got a box of federal and bunch of ppu. I also have 2 packets of lacquered norinco. And possibly a bunch of S&B. And after that’s over, I’ll load for it, so most likely no.

2 Likes

If you want to try some Berrys 123gr copper plated projectiles. I’d be happy to send you some.

I’m interested to see how they go? I was thinking Trailboss for the powder. But being copper plated I think you can still push them a bit faster than Trailboss speeds.

1 Like

Thanks, @Cooper, also if you are that @Cooper than also nice to meet you in person :slight_smile:

I’m pretty well stocked on 7.62x39 ammo. I’m not sure I’ll be reloading for it for a couple of years yet. It’s creeping into my favourite 30cal cartridge. Although, as hard as I tried, I couldn’t smack a 400m going with PPU and Norinco ammo. Still have a bunch of S&B to try. It’s not really a 400m cartridge I don’t think, on principle it must happen now.

1 Like

Yes the Cooper that you have meet in person now. I have the Dies and cases and projectiles and stuff to make it go bang. But no rifle in 7.62x39. I also just bought a lead mould for 150gr .312 bullets (mainly for the 303) but I will get a rifle one day.

I do have two 6.5 Grendel. Which is sort of close but not really.

2 Likes

You need to fix that!

1 Like

I would think the little Russian would be very accurate, considering its the PPCs parent case.

Well, I firmly believe that all guns are accurate. It was fine until I started trying to ring the 400m gong. Could be the operator, more likely the ammo. But I have a lot of it, so that’s what I’ll be using. Love cheap steel cased ammo. Like 22s, plink away and no need to collect the brass.

1 Like

I feel like I need to give the Howa Mini x39 some love when I get home.

1 Like