CZ 452 American 22LR. Any Good??

As the title suggests I’ve come across a little CZ 452 16inch barrel 22LR that has slightly sparked my interest but i have absolutely no idea about them so i’d appreciate hearing what anyone who has one or used one or even just knows about them has to say. Cheers.

Shot a couple, nice guns, CZ is often used as the benchmark for mid priced .22lr.
Lithgow and Norinco copied them. Apart from the occasional bit of bad luck with individual guns I’ve generally only heard good things about them.

The CZ mags work well and work in all CZ .22’s, quite a few different rifles use CZ mags as well.

1 Like

I own a CZ 515, it’s very nice, and it made me think, every CZ I’ve ever shot , including pistols, has been a well made , accurate handsome firearm. Easy choice really if it’s a decent price.

1 Like

Thanks @Supaduke that’s all the nudge i needed lol, i’ll ring the bloke in the morning.

Lol, I’m guessing you’re referring to the ad on SSAA gunsales? Whoops, guessed wrong.

I think the 452 is what they had as the club rifles at Springvale. It’s been a while since I shot one, but I remember it was a fairly slick and smooth rifle. Definitely a great little rifle. I was tempted to get one as my first rifle before JustStarting introduced me to his Ruger Compact.

1 Like

I just had a look and there’re a couple on there but no it’s none of those ones.

They are what the Model 2 BRNO became, not quite as finely finished or slick as a Model 2 but very close. A rifle for life.

1 Like

I have had a lefty 452-2e American for about 10 years. It hasnt missed a beat. Shoots great with just about any ammo, well made and will probably last another 10 years no problem. One thing to be aware of is that the scope rail on the American on is 3/8 " rather than 11mm. I say go for it if its not battered and a good price.

1 Like

I remember them having shnabel forends. The American has a sort of squared off conventional forend.That was a few years ago , before they went to Marlins. I think they have gone back to CZs now.

Bit of a left field but I wasn’t asking about that response, but what about 515 American version?

1 Like

Thanks @Field_Marshal_Cinque this one’s a lefty too which is why it grabbed my attention as i don’t own a lefty 22 which just seems rude so seeing as it popped its head up and with some handy knowledge from you guys i’ll make an offer on it.

Sweet i’ve got a Mk2 Bruno so they’ll go nicely together.

1 Like

This one’s a lefty which is why i like it along with it’s short barrel, so it ticked two boxes and now with a bit of insight from the trusty crew i think it wants to be mine.
I just had a quick look at the 515, the tacticool version looks good but the timber one made me wish i was blind lol.

Don’t own a 452 but I have the Tactical 455 and it is a dream to shoot. Super accurate and very consistent and loves all brands of ammo.

1 Like

A cz 452 was the first rifle I ever bought. Still have it. Had to do the trigger after I worked out what a good trigger felt like. Used the YoDave kit. Since then I’ve bought another 5 CZ’s. But my 1st one the Cz452 is probably the most special one in my collection.

2 Likes

I called & messaged the bloke today but no reply yet, he does live down in coVic so he may be busy twitching & rocking in the foetal position while chanting “not again not again not again”.

1 Like