Cooking out bush

If you have a base camp and will be going back each night you can’t beat a camp oven. We normally get it started around lunch time and let it simmer by the time you get back at night it is ready.
Another way is pre cooked meals that you just drop in a pot and heat up.

The good old waffle iron and tin food works well.
Have tried a few of the boil in a bag meals and they were OK, not as good as home cooked meals but better than bread a d water.
Here is a link to a place that sells them.

1 Like

Got two of these to try, will be an interesting experiment

Yeh, roast chook & Spuds are pretty good & very easy in a camp oven.

1 Like

Bit bulky for backpack… But fits alright in the car lol

We usually do a stew and as it gets eaten we just keep topping it up with fresh meat and vegies. :innocent::sunglasses:

I’m more of an irish stew kinds guy, but got 11 cans of various stews/soups to last me :sunglasses:

:-1::-1::-1::-1:

I’m with Gwion on this one. Pre cooked meal (curry, stew, etc) sealed in a vacuum sealer and frozen. Chuck it in a steel bucket filled with water on the fire and quick hot meal with no-cleanup!

1 Like

Like others I don’t camp away from the vehicle anymore so we carry a camp oven, a fold up BBQ plate and an ausspit. Steaks bacon snags curries and stews are our staples but if we have others with us I’ll throw a chunk of meat on the spit! Sitting around havin a rum and watching the spit turn is a great way to end a day!:grin:
Having said that up here we can light a fire pretty much anywhere including nat park!:beers: