Collectable ammo

Nice. I really want to see your stash. You are the kind of guy who is like, oh that, I had that for ages, that’s nothing… Unobtanium-3000. LOL

Still have a screw here for you btw.

All my firearms are garden variety, though I do tend to accumulate a lot of other assorted crap.
For example the only reason I found those 22’s was looking for and asking about old .222 rimmed ammo for Bentaz (no luck so far).

I meant ammo…

Ah ok, yes a lot of odd ammo over the years. Might post a photo of one round in the “Guess this Ammunition” section. Only problem is it has no markings and I’m buggered if I know what it actually is (suspect WW2 Jap).

Not quite like the one I found on the interwebs. The lesmok pack is still sealed and full, the No22 is opened but still full and possibly older than I thought, maybe even blackpowder.

2 Likes

Can we so some better pics of those shotshells?

Sure, I was going to get a variety together out of storage and do a spread when i get back to town (with a proper camera). Those were just thrown in with the 22’s I bought the other day along with some garden variety Blue Star Eley etc.

2 Likes

Welp, I’ve descended into the next circle, collecting milsurp ammo to go with the milsurp rifle.

Stumbled across some WW2 .303 with the clips for $35 a box at the Shepparton gun and Militaria fair.

Welshpool ammo from 1944. Was $35 a fair price or did I get ripped off?

Also, there were bigger boxes of .303 with red writing on them and the year 1967. Where would this be from?

1 Like

Within realms of fairness. Could have been cheaper, but than again, everything could be cheaper. Typical (arguably) Australian cartridge, made in Australia, for WWII, can’t really complain methinks. Cool start to an OCD :wink:

The red stuff is highly likely pakistan ordinance factory, i’ve got a bit of .303 from around the globe, my Melbourne footsgray ammo from… 43 i think is my best, the pof stuff sucks, good as a keep sake though

1 Like

Righto, who’s going to bite?

https://m.usedguns.com.au/Product_Desc.aspx?Pid=173160

I bought a cardboard Eley Noble pinfire 12 g case today, not going to hang onto it, bought it for someone else.

And I bet he’s going to love it!

Pic? They sound interesting.

I’m up bush, only have a phone camera and no way to transfer photos.
Someone else has a photo though- and may be able to upload it.

I’ll just leave this here then…:grin:

3 Likes

Found my most collectable round today during a lockdown cleaning.

Its a 1914 Mk VII .303 case inert, fired and reloaded but not reprimed or loaded with propellant and a strange “projectile”.
I bought it in an Op shop pre internet without knowing what it was.
Anyone care to guess?

Photo?

Soon. I have a lot of photos to take.

1 Like

Its one of these- image

But considerably more tarnished, I hadn’t seen it for a decade.
The pictured one has a replacement pencil - it should be round.

1 Like