Collectable ammo

Want some Baikal 12g USSR production? All new in boxes of 10. I have heaps I’m storing for someone (I’d have to ask).

I sure would mate, I’d swap him for a box of other shells if he wanted, I’d be happy to load up a box of slugs in exchange

Shot or slugs? Because @GUN-DMC may want two extra boxes :blush:

We may want all of it, Lol!

1 Like

Shot only sadly. They were on a property a mate bought, and he’s not licensed yet - so I took them for safekeeping until he is (but that was a couple of years ago)…

Well I’ll gladly look after a box for him, trade him some beers Maybe?

These type of boxes- But I think they are 4 shot.
He actually owns a bar. I think I’ll just buy the lot off him.
You are up Ballaarat way?

Yeah I’m about half an hour from ballarat, juststarting is in east side of Melbourne though so maybe I can bribe him to meet you somewhere?
Unless you come out this way anyway?

They are not in Russian, booooooo

@juststarting They still look interesting though!

Hey, pew pew is pew pew :slight_smile:

I go all over the place, I’ll be going through Ballarat in the next couple of weeks. I think they are up bush anyway, closer to you than me at the moment.
Though I was going to suggest that whichever of us (out of me and JS) gets the new savage first would maybe give the other a shot out at Springvale.

Baikal was the generic trading name the USSR used for exports of firearms and ammo, it only exists on their export stuff, in English. “Baikal” stuff was made all over the place.

1 Like

Either way mate, im happy to meet up in ballarat or somewhere just let me know when or if your coming out.

So, while I was in the cave, I thought, we are doing old ammo, ay? Let’s do old ammo than. I my have posted some of these stuff before, but I am doing a photo dump now, so whatever.

Random 7.62x54R and British 303 rounds

6.5×52mm Carcano

some lose stuff I had

…and a box :slight_smile:

IMG_0601
…and inside the box :slight_smile:

…aaaand what happens when you pick up the box upside down.

577-450 Martini

7.62x54R

this needs no introduction

IMG_0624
and neither does this. Unfortunately this is how I got it, with a bit of paint, but whatever, adds to the utilitarian look.

Pakistani 303
IMG_0607

IMG_0610

8x56R

IMG_0579

IMG_0582

So you see, Julie Andrews was right all along, that gun nut!

"Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things"

2018-09-03_22-55-46

Turns out, this is not a meme, it’s a documentary! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Just met up with @Wombat for a dodgy Macca’s arms deal, thanks mate they will be well cared for.

No worries, sorry I was pushed for time today.

1 Like

Alright, so here’s a better view of those old commie (Baikal) shells… Inhereted a box from his Shotgunnniness @GUN-DMC

Made in the USSR, pretty neat!

…also, on the way home dropped by Sunbury gun shop to pick up some AP70N powder and because they are open on Sunday and this must be encouraged! And noticed an inconspicuous looking box behind the counter… what is this good Sir I asked?

$19 well spent me thinks.

The ‘MQ’ stamp is the bit that I thought is cool (http://www.acant.org.au/Articles/Headstamps.html). Not sure what ‘VII’ means.

1 Like

“VII” is the Mark stamp, it indicates you have Mk 7 ammo. $19 is a steal, $20 of ammo these days, and $12 of chargers. Can’t beat that for a deal, Cheers.