Chiappa Kentucky any good?

I bought it…

Couldn’t leave it sit there…
@Joshua.s shot yours yet?? I couldnt help myself, took a punt on it!

2 Likes

Was it in geelong?

1 Like

Na Wonthaggi mate…offloaded the Zouave, so i thought why not, i need ONE BP firearm, at least… the guy seemed genuine so fingers crossed! Owned it from new…

1 Like

I shot it a couple of weeks ago . And can tell you that it was great fun indeed .just need to.source some more bp and ill be back at it again . Managed 4 shots out of 5 on a rabbit target at 35 yards with the first being about 3 inches high

2 Likes

Awesome! We will have to have a shoot together sometime…what load did you shoot? Was it reliable for ignition? I think RWS caps are the best if you can find them…

76 grain ff and a patched ball from the mold i got off you . Pretty sure they were remington caps . And once i cleaned the oil and gunk from the flash hole. It was great didnt miss a beat

1 Like

Thats great! Yeah it was oiled up and not shot for 15yrs or more. 2F and caps are hard to come by too i guess…

Caps are easy enough . I brought 400 straight up as soon as i found them . And if i go to Phillip Island powder is pretty accessible as well . Its jusy the drive that sucks lol

1 Like

Got a kilo of 3F for a job today yay! It will work in the 45 im sure! Had to source another 440 ball mold…went the hog on a Pedersoli mold…Got a heap of goodies with the rifle too…

1 Like

I’ve found the Remington caps work better for me on my .45 Gibbs igniting 90 - 105gr of 1.5F Swiss. They’re supposed to have a bit more oomph and they fit the nipple better. RWS are a bit shorter and don’t push down flush. They work ok on my cap and ball revolver.
If you’re heading to S.A anytime soon, SSAA Para branch just got a new shipment of Swiss in. Price has jumped to $165/kg due to shipping costs doubling. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I do bit of CNC Programming for a mate, and he has another 2kg of 3F, i plan to barter off him…he seems keen! I think its good for 45 cal 1/36 Twist?? PRB, Conicals??

Yep, 3F works for .45 okay.

Its Pristine!! Love it!! Balances so well!!
I sent the guy another $100 because its almost brand new! Not to mention the $200+ worth of loading gear he sent me separately and it came in a gun bag! Gotta have a win on abusedguns sometime!

Love this thing!!

1 Like