CBE not taking orders??

Anyone know much about Cast Bullet Eng. not making molds?? Damn hope he gets back soon!

I know he has been advertising the business for sale for a while, I think CBE is his second side business, not his main job.

1 Like

And possibly health issues, also read something on the site a while ago, so who knowsā€¦ Maybe you are holding on to a bit of history at this stage. Or they are dealing with something and will come back laterā€¦ Maybe just need a break.

1 Like

Seems to be a recurring issue in the local industry - people get old and sick and close up shop.

ā€¦and to be brutally honest, hard to compete with Lee at $60 a pop with handles, which does the same thing for 90% of stuff people are casting for.

1 Like

Yes and noā€¦if you dont mind overheating of the alloy mold, then frosty inconsistent bulletsā€¦Lee are lucky dip I find.

I do mind. To counter that, I usually cast for two calibres, rotating the moulds and giving them a chance to cool down. Donā€™t get me wrong, CBE makes excellent and very hard to come by moulds. They are just unproportionally expensive. I own a few CBE moulds, but only because nobody else made what I needed. If they were a little more expensive, they would be my first choice. But 300%-400% more expensive, thatā€™s hard to justify.

Well I too rotate molds and cast for multiple rifles at the same time, but the alloy molds still overheat to stuff my rhythm up. I guess, I make my own handles, so I only need the CBE mold.

1 Like

Got a reply from CBE, stating he may make molds in the new yearā€¦

2 Likes

Just checked the website and the notice has been removed so I am assuming that it is back to business as usual

1 Like

Back in business!! Yay!

Late to the party fellaā€¦ I got mine after they re-oped :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s a good poke, methinks, with a temporary closure of CBE orders. Take note, @Nomis.

In generally I try to have a mold, well, not try, I go out of my way to do so, for any old obscure or uncommon firearm I have.

I only cast for a small handful, if I can buy projectiles - thatā€™ always the first choice (with the exception of 45-70, because those are ripoff to buy). Anyhow, well worth having a backup plan, in case bullet supplies for weird and obscure dwindle, as it already has for two of my rifles.

Fun factā€¦ Even buying cast bullets doesnā€™t guarantee success. For example, the Black Widow 310 Cadet projectiles have an oversized heel and creates a bulge in the brass, making it a lottery on whether itā€™s going to chamber or not and requires FL sizing of a finished cartridge. Puzzling how they can sell shit like that, but whateverā€¦ CBE mold will fix that, so thatā€™s that.

1 Like

I love the whole self sufficient/ unlimited bullet supply! Jacketed stuff, is getting more expensive everydayā€¦6.5mm bullets are ridiculous price now, thanks to the manbun creedmoor popularity

1 Like

Iā€™m going buy more shortly, for my .308 Subsonic target Omark projectā€¦Iā€™m going all out on another fully adjustable alloy stockā€¦

Alloy? Chassis? @MaxJon? I know I am a fan, but youā€¦ I canā€™t help but think this is some sort of a ā€˜come rescue me, Iā€™ve been kidnapped by the greens for ā€œvoluntaryā€ reeducationā€™ signal.

p.s. totally agree, jacketed bullets are bit expensive right now. Stocked up in bulk, now I am hoping when this shit is over it will stabilise again or even reduce in price due to over supply. That said, depends what and how much you shot. Stuff I shoot A LOT I buy, but I buy cast.

1 Like

Yes I made my own for my Anschutz Smallbore rifle years agoā€¦sold it, because I got offered too much money for it, but should have kept itā€¦the parts could be handy nowā€¦