Can’t find bolt and chamber

If you haven’t spent money yet, have a look at Cleavers , they do a range of rifles already in an MDT stock.
I’ve already run the numbers, they are a cost effective option.

Gday @Squid. Firstly welcome to the site mate!

What are you planning on shooting, hunting, target, F class? My advice would be to just buy a rifle and start shooting it, most factoy rifles shoot great straight out of the box. They certainly shoot better than I can and I’m asuming better than you as a new shooter. And best of all it gets you shooting sooner, the money you save you can spend on ammo to practice with. Get better at shooting and then upgade the rifle as you go along.
Or just build a custom 223LR on a Tikka bolt and chamber.

2 Likes

Iv had a look at them and they don’t have a good reputation. I have found somewhere that has everything i need with the MDT chassis. They are a great upgrade for the money.

Yep… buy a 22lr and shoot that for a year while you build skill & save for a nice centrefire & scope… good scope can easy run as much as the rifle!

You’re likely to find what you think you want now will not seem like the best starting point after a year of shooting regularly…

PS: this is where we make your head spin with random unsolicited advice on various option for new shooters! :joy::joy::joy:

The reputation of the QLD shop you’re referring to goes back about 10yrs and is more an online forum mythology type issue.

I think most of us have purchased from those guys over the years with pain free experiences.