Brownells USA are ....

So got a email the other day from Brownells USA
Thought every1 might like to know!

" From: Brownells [[email protected]]

Date: 5 April 2019 at 4:32:04 am AEST
To: XXXX
Subject: Australia… Brownells USA Welcomes You Back!

Valued Brownells Customer,

We’re happy to inform you that you can once again shop directly from Brownells USA atwww.brownells.com!

Visit Brownells.com today and start shopping the world’s largest assortment of firearms accessories, parts, reloading tools, components and more – directly from Brownells USA. Of course, nearly all of our products are backed by our industry-exclusive, Guaranteed. Forever. TM customer satisfaction policy.

If you have questions about this message, please feel free contact us via phone at (0011-1)-641-623-4000 or email at [email protected].

Very Best,

Brownells Customer Support Team

1 Like

Excellent!

Nice, that will save a heap of time and effort. Order from the Australian store they then wait for the items to be sent to them before they send it on, takes forever.
Ordering direct from the USA will be quicker.

I just wonder about warranty, do you have to send it back to the US or can you send it to the Australian store?

I wonder how that will go for the Australian store

I received a similar email. To clarify what they advised, I asked: - “How does this impact on the business of Brownells Australia with whom I have dealt in recent times?
And, is the change a result of changes to the previous difficulties with negotiating ITAR requirements?”

Their reply: - “Thank you for the email, all pending or open orders through Brownells Australia will still be handled by them. Any new orders you would like to place can now be entered directly on the US site and we will process. Regulated items on any new orders would require an export license.”

Note the caveat about ‘regulated items’; ITAR has not yet changed, so it’s not quite open slather. Yet.

2 Likes

HOLD YOUR COINS LADS.

My order from Brownells made it to Chicago International and then got turned around to Iowa. Apparently USPS is cancelling all mail to Australia because they simply can’t get it there. So even if you attempt to buy from brownells.com.au, check to make sure they are using Priority Express or greater if using USPS, or use a different carrier. This goes for all parcel mail leaving the United States.

yep…

Looks like the ladder into the pit of shit just got longer.

Brownells are back to shipping again, only difference is you need to ship USPS Express so it’s a teeny little bit more. My order left this morning and was comprised of about 2lbs of totally legal parts and a magazine storage ammo can. Freight charge was USD$56.00

Hopefully it makes it out of the country this time.

2 Likes

End of jan i bought a 1911 barrel from Brownells Au.

Got the email yesterday its on my way to my dealer now! Cant really complain about the wait time here!

Fortunately no shenanigans with shipping for me

Has anyone ordered anything from Brownells
p_100018576_2
USA lately? All my orders are getting FUBAR’d. Desperate for three K frame and one N frame Apex Hammer kit. Bloody hell.

Okay, had email replies and talked live to Elise (thicccc) and the problem is…

C O V I D
O
V
I
D

Yay! They are suffering staff shortages SEVERELY because people are testing positive and isolating. They are churning out orders as fast as they can, but there is about THREE WEEKS between placing an order and someone actually doing something with it. Just a heads up.

No that cant be it, we beat covid…

Yep I waited about 7 weeks for an item I ordered a few months back.

Its bad. My credit cards purchases are being auto refunded after the seventh day. GUESS ILL JUST HAVE TO KEEP BUYING UNTIL THEY GET IT. I WILL HAVE THOSE APEX HAMMERS, IN THIS LIFE OR THE NEXT!

1 Like

That said, I just confirmation of two orders in the system being processed. Great news! Three Apex Hammers en route. Just look away Customs. JUST LOOK AWAY.

Okay, things arrived. Tracking numbers didnt work, website still says ‘processing’ but they got

here.

1 Like