Bino recommendation

A few brands make them. Adds a bit of weight. Actually not a bad option, saves a step in the process of having to switch back and forth…

1 Like

Yeah not cheap, if every dollar counts then your probably not going to go there, but there are a few of us on this forum that have discretionary money and buy the things we want. We just don’t all choose the same things…

2 Likes

Yes well I have recently invested in a thermal scope so have probably used up my discretionary money for this quarter. See what happens later in the year.

3 Likes

Plus a new 300WM so definitely over budget me thinks. :joy::+1:t2::beer:

2 Likes

What’s this discretionary money??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I was just following on from the previous post however I am assuming it is the money that one can spend on his sport at his own discretion. Disposable income perhaps a better way of explaining it. :beer::beer:

I was just having a joke that I never seem to see much in the way of discretionary funds! :wink::mask::+1:

2 Likes

Yeah, bloody unicorns n rocking horse shit…

2 Likes

Yep I get it now mate. A classic example of how the written word rarely conveys the full meaning of the message. :joy::joy: sure would be nice to have quite a bit of discretionary money every month for essential items, ie, projectiles, new rifles, etc.:+1:t2::+1:t2::beer::beer:

2 Likes

I had a quick look at those bino come rangefinder jobs and it was circa $6k. Could buy a couple of nice setups for that. Definitely a luxury item.

You can get them cheaper than that, when i bought my swarovskis, i was seriosly contemplating a zeiss with built in range finder. It wasn’t much of step up from the cost of buying binos plus range finder. I take your point that they are expensive but ones mans luxury…is another mans tool…

Two jobs, small mortgage…

1 Like

Yep fair enough mate. I rarely shoot anything past 300m and I am a reasonable judge of distance. Good enough to get me out of trouble anyway. Can fully appreciate it is handy for those bow hunting or shooting at longer distances.

1 Like

So what’s the verdict?

Casual hunter. Solid, mid tier choice for up to 500m and epic warranty… Bushnell and Vortex.

:slight_smile:

Mate I am
Leaning towards the Leupold BX-1 10x42 at this stage mate. Found them for $279 so thinking that’s not bad. Some places have them for near $400. Down side I think they made in China.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Changing buying habits after COVID-19

Honestly, I think 8x is plenty

1 Like

Have to agree with @Bent_arrow, Swarovski EL, best you can get. I have been to the factory and watched them being made, quality control like you wouldn’t believe. The EL’s with inbuilt range-finder are also the most accurate range-finder I’ve used. ( Don’t own a set but have used a couple of mates plenty of times.)
BUT, not a budget item as has been discussed. For a budget bino, have a look at Nikon Monarchs, haven’t priced them lately but the set I have were very reasonably priced ( < $400 ), and pretty good lens quality. Better than a mates Steiners in the same configuration. ( 10 x 42 )

2 Likes