Arms auction review (Oct 2020)

Alright, spill the beans Dunkx. How does a K31 end up with a seven digit serial number ?

What factory, how beaten?

It’s an Eddystone. The stock is heavily bruised, and the volley sight has been partially removed.

1 Like

You’ve done fine; assuming it shoots straight when you get it, you’ve done really well. They’re a great fun rifle.

That’s a great price.

It does matter, because over-paying on stuff pushes the prices up for everyone. Yes, I know there’s a few people here with deep pockets but lots of us don’t have much cash and pretty much everyone I’ve tried to get into Service Rifle shooting lately has taken one look at the prices and gone “Fuck no, I can’t afford that”.

Having said that, @Tempestman $450 sounds like an excellent price for a P14 with matching numbers - they usually go for much more.

I am going to take a deep breath. I am going to say you are approaching this with a complete disregard for economic systems that are based on supply and demand and I am going to leave it at that.

1 Like

The numbers don’t match, which is apparently common for P.14s, but I think it actually looks in okay condition, just mega greasy.

I think I’ll buy it anyway. The price is still good.

2 Likes

As long as the bore is OK and the headspace is safe, I’d be very happy with that. The Pattern 1914 is a great rifle!

The bore is supposed to be okay, just dirty.

Headspace is the big unknown, especially seeing that it’s non matching, but I don’t have gauges, and neither do they, so I’m gambling it’s going to be okay.

Definitely will get it checked before shooting it though.

1 Like

Honestly even if the bore is terrible and the headspace is way out of wack, you’d still be able to part it out and get your money back IMO.

Just an idea of the costs if someone is interested;

On a $1300 purchase the Buyers Premium is $214.50 inc GST and the Buyer Insurance is $21.45 plus GST making the total $1535.95.
On top of that there is the transfer and freight fees.

1 Like

I honestly think a Buyer’s Premium should be illegal. The costs should come out of the seller’s end, not the buyer’s.

Agree 100%

Isn’t there GST on the item hammer price too?

No not on the hammer price, just the premium and insurance.

That’s something at least.

1 Like

LOL. Seller also pays. Lmao they do alright.

So I think some jimmies been rustled here :crazy_face: