Anyone else local.....Ballarat Area???

Just wondering if any of us are closer than we may think…I’m in Ballarat, could meet face to face, chat the old fashioned way…

I am sort of ballarat, I work in town anyway.

1 Like

Sounds like a cute date

2 Likes

Na, no broke back Ballarat…just shed beers, and gun talk, sounds better…

2 Likes

Shed, beer, dimmed light, gun talk, little Lanoline…

so hot right now

2 Likes

When I was little Ballarat was a nice place! I wish I still lived in Avoca and Clunes. Id come and visit ya for a chat and beers.

1 Like

That’s what all my favorite Ballarat girls say… lol…

1 Like

“Na, no broke back Ballarat.” Hey, don’t tottaly rule out the possibility. :stuck_out_tongue: :rofl:

2 Likes

Even though this is an old thread. Im local to Ballarat.

1 Like

I live there, but I’m on a road trip for the next 10 months…what do you shoot mate?

Just the general run of the mill cat a&b at the moment. But looking into joining the pistol club here and moving forward would like to branch out into that as well . I did shoot pistol when I lived in qld for 10 years but parted ways with some of the collection and didn’t reinstate the h class on my licence when I moved back to Vic. Most of the shooting I do these days is rabbits cats foxes and the occasional deer for the freezer. Haven’t been to little river in a couple of years. Due to a peanut of a ro . But that’s a story for another time.
I hope you enjoy your trip . And hopefully you make some awesome memories along the way

1 Like

" a peanut of a R.O", at Little River… that describes just about all of them that I’ve encountered.

1 Like

Haha pretty much sums up my experience with most as well . After he asked for a go of a little lever I have and I agreed to let him he proceded to load said tube and after it was loaded but not cooked he then pointed the no no end towards my nephew and myself . After he swung it past us a second time I lost my cool and advised that unless he put it on the table . It wouldn’t be a good day for him . To which he got upset but did as he was told , I packed my things put them in the ute and stopped by the office to inform them of what had happened. To which their response was , ohh its a complaint about him Again .and haven’t been back since . But would like to get out that way to smash a few clays again when the chance arises.

1 Like

I’m ex Ballarat now.

I saw an old post you had up with a pic from your toilet. And was a bit envious

That’s the new, old toilet. I’ve since been re domesticated…

Thats fair enough . And nice spot you checked out today

1 Like

Thanks Joshua, I hope that RO wasn’t me lol! I shoot with the Victorian Military Rifle and Pistol club. Rifles only for me, but we have big pistol membership also. They shoot military, and IPSC based comps. Check it out, it’s a pretty easy 100k drive from home, Ballarat. Just re read your comments, that RO definitely wasn’t me…but I have had to pull one guy up for carrying rifles horizontal, bolt closed and one in the spout!!! Believe it or not!! I should have sent him home, but I think he got the hint, after I swore my head off at him, which by rights, I shouldn’t have done, but…how stupid!!!

You would definitely remember me if it was haha . But hopefully not from what I had heard from a mate who goes there often . He wasn’t seen there after that , but I hold no grudges these days even if I went there and he was there I would just kindly ask that he kept his distance . Or go sit in another section

1 Like