Ammo Cans, Ammo Boxes

Previously I already have a plastic ammo can from a certain manufacturer which I will not name, but I think you all know what brand this is :stuck_out_tongue:

And ever since, this business of carrying/storing ammo in a plastic box had been keeping me up late at night. However I was able to find a big military style ammo box from Super Cheap Auto (the big one on the right). While finally was able to sleep at night, I still have a slight niggle about the box as itā€™s not the ā€œgenuine thingā€ā€¦ so eventually I went to Peterā€™s Military & Camping and bought two ex-army ammo cans.

So ā€¦ lets take a look at them ā€¦ starting with the crappy plastic one

Link to video : Donā€™t Put These In the Fridge!

1 Like

A pair of bolt cutters opens all of themā€¦having a padlock on them just keeps the powers to be happyā€¦

2 Likes

It keeps us out of trouble though.

5 Likes

Yeah, you only need a pocket knife to open a locked plastic box, ask me how I know.

Also the cheap padlocks from Bunnings can be opened with just about any key that fits, ask me how I know lol.

How do you know, @danmac

How do you know @Supaduke

Thought that it was obvious, get to the range, realise youā€™ve forgotten the key, get pocket knife out and cut the plastic lock-tab. Box can now be opened , good thing they come with a couple of extra lock tabs.

1 Like

Forgot my keys also, dude with random set of keys had padlock open in about 20 secs

I actually donā€™t care. I was just being nice because you asked to ask :grin:

Doesnā€™t matter if you care, we imparted knowledge and now your squishy little brain is slightly less dumberer.

3 Likes

Not as bad as, forgetting the bolt to.the rifle, then you have to shoot a mates rifle, and you beat him with his rifleā€¦

Yep, thatā€™s quite common in the competitions I shoot. Loan someone your rifle and they beat you with it.

I really like the sound of the BP comps you shootā€¦very deliberate fire. Do you shoot front stuffers, or just BPCR??

A bit of both. Mostly cartridge rifles as long range muzzle-loading comps are almost non-existent here. Some of my first shooting was with kit muzzle-loaders my uncle used to make, Iā€™ve also shot a lot of cap and ball revolvers.
At the encouragement of a friend from the U.S, ( who I visited with when he came to Adelaide in 2017 for the Long Range Muzzle-loading World Titles ), I bought a Pedersoli Gibbs long range in .45 cal. For the price it cost, the fit and finish is shithouse, lucky itā€™s a very accurate rifle or Iā€™d have taken it back and told the distributer to shove it up his arse. ( Unfortunately, there isnā€™t much choice here in Australia, thatā€™s about it for a suitable rifle. )
Anyway, I shot good enough scores with it to qualify for the Aussie team and competed at the World Tites in 2019 at Bisley in the U.K.
This year, I actually shot a higher score at Easter in the 500 yard event than I did with my .45-90. Go figure.
( I think weā€™ve run off the tracks on this post )

1 Like