ADI's new pistol powder.

Hi All,

Some of you might be aware that our friends at ADI have released 2 new powders for pistols, they are APS350 and APS450.

They have released some load data for 9mm but nothing for 135gr projectiles. I am hoping that someone on here may have already played around with them and can share some min/max loads using 135gr round nose.

My other reloading books show nothing as the powder has only been out for awhile.

@Brett hoping that you might have a good load as I am sure you would have been experimenting with them. Only looking for min/max.

I’ve got some load data for 135’s that I’ll post later tonight or tomorrow as it’s on paper and I need to find it. I was one of the preview testers for ADI but can’t say I’m a fan yet of the new offerings.

1 Like

Thanks for that it will save some stuffing around.
What is it about the new powders that don’t impress you?

@Brett how did you go with the 135gr data, did you have a win?

Thanks for that @Brett, or looks like 3.6 grains is about the most consistent.
What was the accuracy like?

Going to necro this thread.
(@Brett)

I am confused a little.

So the new ADI powder seems to generate more pressure at less volume and lower velocity at max recommended charge.

This seems like a step backwards. Is there a logical reason for this?

Time for a revamp of this thread…….

Has anyone used the new pistol powder and would like to report on their findings?
I will be looking to start loading for .357 and it looks like the new APS450 is the go.

Sorry, I am still on the old stuff. I managed to, um, anyway, I have 450, but I won’t be using it for a while, so I would love to hear your data. I am still on old stuff.

Was hoping that @Brett would have had some more experimenting time with the new powder and could tell us if it was any better or not.
I am still on the old for 9mm and will be for as long as I can still get it lol.

Fairly sure that he is on AP50N too, for a while. But I think they will restart manufacturing of 50 and 70 (something I read either here or FB maybe), but in 500gm bottles until they work out all the kinks in 450. Maybe just gossip… NFI

I havent found a place that stocks it…

Using alliant bullseye at the moment

I’ll ask a mate that uses 450 in his CZ and see what he’s loading. I bought 40kgs of AP50 before it was discontinued and still have some left.

1 Like

Sounds good, thanks for that.

Only 40kgs lol