ADI powders update (bad news)

Cheeky fuckers

Scooped up 3 bottles of 2205 yesterday. Kinda happy.

1 Like

We’ve been in touch with ADI and while most of their response is similar to what they’ve already said (and still missing key words like “sorry”), they’ve told us they don’t have a timeline for fixing the situation, and at the moment can’t even say if the situation will improve - and it’ll be next year at least before they can review the situation.

Just to make things worse, the information we’re getting indicates Alliant powders are not available in useful quantities outside Queensland, which we’re trying to confirm as well.

What situation? Restarting production of old powders, reviewing the production of new powders? What is the definition of “situation”? And why does it matter if there’s “sorry” or not, they are a private company who don’t owe anyone anything… Time for Australian shooters to realise that we hold no significance for any local company.

First international company who makes it out here will win big. Most people in Australia reload, most people stateside do not. While ADI feels like it’s okay to throw us under the bus, I am hoping that the supply gap will be filled by a competitor.

1 Like

That one. We gather the old factory has been decommissioned/demolished so it’s simply not possible for them to decide to restart making AP70N again.

That’s a moot point mate, 70N is good, but AP50 and 30 are the most important ones. 99.999998% of people who care would care about 30 and 50 before 70.

And this is relevant how? LOL

They can’t make any of the old pistol propellants for the same reason, so AP30 and AP50 are gone too.

What do you use that for?

I don’t think that’s the case, @ShootersUnion

Use what?

Adi 2205

1 Like

357 and 44.

Might be time to start mixing my own black powder, lol.

1 Like

And give up shotguns.

Yep I scored one Saturday in a swap…

Great powder…not position sensitive…

The final instalment in the ADI saga, not all doom and gloom on the rifle powder front. Although, 2205 was a freaking good find when I did LOL

1 Like