32-20 to .310 cadet brass

Finally got around to converting some starline 32-20 to 310 cadet. My rifle/bullet combo seems to like the case at 1.100" with a 0.050" rim so far.

4 Likes

It it possible to fireform .32-20 to .310, or does it have to be done ‘properly’?

It can depend on the individual rifle in question, but I think you’ll find the 32-20 case length wont chamber in most 310s

1 Like

From memory the rim thickness on the 32-20 is greater than the 310. You will need to take some material away from it to fit properly, not from the primer side for obvious reasons.

Alternatively you can get a gunsmith to take material out of the chamber to allow for them to fit. Or do it yourself if you are comfortable doing that sort of thing.

1 Like

Machined them to the above mentioned specs that fit the gun nicely. Now I’m having trouble obtaining neck tension on the 309 heel of my CBE bullet hmmm…maybe should have kept the Lee dies also…

Reamed the heel of my CBE #2 mold to .315" nice amount of neck tension, and shoots great!

1 Like

G’Day Guys
I’m a little late to the conversation but I’m chasing 32-20WCF brass for my Lever action, yes I can hear you all chuckling but the100 cases I have wont do it.
Tim336.

One last thing can 310 cadet be sized to 32-20 excuse my ignorance, if so how???

Aren’t we all chasing 32-20! Its the only way to get proper spec 310 cases. Sorry im buying not selling.

No they are about a tenth of an inch too short…and if its Bertram brass about .030" under spec on the rim, and about .015 under spec for the 310 itself.

That’s why we join like minded groups,
Thanks very much

Your a champ Max

2 Likes

No worries mate!

Ps

Lest we forget
From the senior service
LOL

1 Like