22 practical rifle competition

It really comes down to what the the club and the insurer has agreed for their public liability coverage.

Also to consider is that if all the competitors are licence holders, the likelihood is that they would be part of a shooting organisation that offers it’s own liability coverage for members, though proving the negligent party can be difficult.

We do a bunch of community sports clubs at work for liability, but it’s stuff like the local footy club. No cool stuff like pew-pews.

I think this is an irrelevant conversation vector to be honest, like beyond pointless… Core question that @MaxJon was trying to ask (I think) is what and how I managed to get it going. Which is a very valid question, but I will start a different thread for that.

2 Likes

I think the CZ515 would be the 22 PRC rifle of choice, by the looks of it…a plastic one at that, as it would cop a flogging!

Yeah, in the past people did well with them, but it’s a mix of accuracy and speed. So at precision stage it could be a downside. It’s a strategic game in general. What do you shoot, when, in what order, etc. I’m sure you’ve shot IPSC comp at some stage, this is probably a bit more based on accuracy than time, but overall it’s a very similar concept with both attributes taken into account, so ymmv with a gun choice. I just use the 'ol faithful RPR. It’s accurate enough and rugged enough. Not sure anything wood would come home without scratches due to shooting positions of/through barricades.

1 Like

Really it’s whatever you are the most comfortable with.

1 Like

Anyone and everyone who shoots this, date announced, check your email :slight_smile: