18th Century Living History. A Woodsrunner's Day.

PART 1

Keith.

PART 2

Keith.

Keith,

I admire you for your dedication to history and the way you are outfitted, from clothes to bush skills but I am wondering if you take any modern equipment with you.
Just more along the lines of first aid and communication in case of the worst as I see that at most times you are out there on your own.

1 Like

No communications Fm, all 17th to 18th century gear only, but the first aid kit does have iodine & bandages, plus I carry a housewife (sewing kit) & of course the compulsory bottle of rum :slight_smile:

I have enjoyed the research, making most of my own gear & putting the whole lot together over the years, a lot of fun.
Keith.

1 Like

PART 3

Keith.

Nothing better than making your own stuff. I made some mittens out of Kangaroo skin waxed the outside leather and went to the snow with them. They remained warm and i got them wet as tobogganing. First rushed design not so comfy but next time will be good. They were better than any bought ones I have had so far.

1 Like

Excellent sg, well done.
It was pretty common I believe to add a cord or leather tie, long enough to go over the back of the neck & down the sleeves of a coat. That way you could remove them for whatever purpose (shooting) & just let them hang.

This is a pair I made years ago from blanket material.
Keith.