Survival firearms

I quite like the tikka t3x arctic, not in 30-06 though. Nor with an aimpoint red dot.

30-06 is like old men’s saggy balls. It’s there. Everybody knows it’s there. But nobody wants them.

That about all anyone shoots up here, young blokes and old blokes.

That’s bullshit, @Bogong That’s about all you accept, but that’s not all everybody shoots.

Up here they do. Ever been to Mt Beauty?..I don’t think so.

I’ll never own a 30-06, better long action calibres in my opinion

It’s a dated inefficient caliber. It had its day, but now it’s just old man’s fuzzy sagy sack. And saying, oooooooo up here. I bet you don’t even talk to anyone up there. You have a preference, that’s cool, but it’s like wearing the same undies for the rest of your life. Eventually it gets stinky and nobody wants to be a part of that.

It’s a very efficient caliber. That’s why it’s been around for over 100 years. It will kill anything in Australia. Your a wanker.

Martini Henry that I shoot has been around for a while too. Just because it’s been around doesn’t mean it’s good. Just means it’s been around.

…and takes one to know one :wink:

Come on kids, time to settle down.
Everyone has their own opinion on what suits them and what’s best. It is a bit like all the other debates on the net, Holden V Ford, Cruiser V Patrol, manual V auto etc. No one wins and it just ends up as a pissing competition with both parties coming out of it badly.
I along with everyone else has their favourite rifle/calibre setup so let’s just stick to AusTac’s original question.

20 posts were merged into an existing topic: Late night bored shitposting

images%20(8)

Hey if you have a bren to give me i’ll take it!

Yeah i agree, but if i’m going to have a rifle i want to be able to trust it, my .303 has a few issues with it i think, so its just a range gun, if i had a fully functional one i wouldn’t hesitate to use that as a survival rifle, almost cried when i put it through the car window last plinkfest… scratched the near perfect stock, but now i remember all those scratches as " i remember that time i smashed out a paddock basher window with my 303 " :joy: felt bad ass for a second

1 Like

If you want a ‘scout’ why not buy something like a 2nd hand sako hunter in 308. Lop the barrel down to 18". Take and inch or two off the butt stock so it just passes min length requirements. Whack a dot sight on it. Bingo! A short, light rifle with a flush double stack mag and a stiff barrel.

You could do the same with a tikka light but it is single stack so not flush, which really is handy when carrying, i reckon.
If you don’t want removable mag you could do it with a howa ultra light in 7mm08.

1 Like

Not a bad idea @Gwion so many things i could do and buy but honestly and realistically i’ll never get around to any of it haha

Illegal to shorten barrels below 20" on Vic.

1 Like

Lop to 18" and the permanently affix a 2" brake, I think that’s legal but don’t quote me :sunglasses:

1 Like

Decided i’m not bringing any firearm anymore, have called both parks vic and nsw parks and wildlife, and i can’t have a firearm even in transit inoperable in a vehicle in a national park, in Vic or Nsw, if i had the firearm i would have to go right around adding days to my trip

Only place in Vic you can posess a firearm is if its over .270 and in a specific area zoned for hunting, few tracks i was going to take ( with firearm in transit legally stored etc etc ) are in the zoned off area as of the gma maps of alpine national park. So not going to risk it

Few members may thing this is obvious, but you’d be surprised how much national park is on the vic nsw border, would be a real tough time driving it in a day because of no camping, not to mention fuel range

Imagine what the consequences would be if the retards get the Great national Park thing going. Not even allowed to drive on some of the tracks.

1 Like

Not some mate, all, it’ll screw everything right up, you and i both know how big they want