Wet tumbling with sanity

Same I haven’t been arsed to change the plug still using the travel adapter it came with. Which in
Australia is not really allowed. Much better to change it new Aus plugs have the half insulated pins for better safety.

Right-o thanks for that lookin forward to giving it a run nice clean brass

That’s a vibratory tumbler, @Oldbloke. No good really, given the alternatives.

I just droped it there. Thought perhaps might help. Price is right.

Uh. Okies. Overall however as a technology in general, with cheap and widely available rotary (wet) tumblers, this (vibratory, above) is a lot like buying a horse, when people drive cars. Generally, speaking what takes me 30 minutes in a wet tumbler, will take 3-4 hour in vibratory. And the results themselves are not really comparable. It’s just an outdated piece of kit. Fully understand those who use them because they have them, but if you were to get one now, I don’t think that this is a contender.

Also keep in mind that you’d have to replace or wash media as well. Or wash until you replace. Wet tumbler uses stainless pins. Just rinse them and back they go, last forever.

My son ordered the kt-6808 as I said the other night mainly because i’m no wizard on a computer and i’m an old fart according to my two boys so he ordered it thought it didn’t go through because of no reply so cancelled it and ordered it again and bingo return accepted then today yes today he gets notification he is the proud owner of wait for it TWO wet tumblers on their way heh, heh ,heh old fart hey he might choose his words better next time ‘‘Old fart’’ pah alls good but he was going to have a look at mine then consider buying one but he can see it first up now

This all sounds like OCD on speed to me.

Guess when you shoot a handful of cartridges per year, it doesn’t matter :wink:

I shot about 250 since Friday. Everything would be covered in dirt if cases were to be kept dirty.

Geez 250 since Friday I don’t have many more heart beats than that at my age in that time

The wet rotary tumblers come with their own set of risks or issues however. I was just looking at this weeks results of the guys at the rifle club. There was one guy that usually shoots really well but on Saturday his shooting was putting about 4 in every 10 shots way low. I bet he didn’t have dry cases when he reloaded. about two years ago another guy had similar results and he knew that he had rushed the drying time and he had much worse results like the bullets not getting to the target.

But in all seriousness I love working up loads for rifles and getting the best out of them maybe a little OCD but fun OCD worth having keeps me happy as there is no gun clubs anywhere near me any more and I only get to shoot feral animals and that’s not enough to keep me bussy

Correct me if I’ve got a dud lead but an old farmer told me to drive a heap of nails longer than the brass into a board and stand the brass upside down on them and put into the oven or in the sun for a couple of hours this will also make them self drain as well as dry quicker

The easiest way is to buy a cheap dehydrator off ebay and put them in there. Works a treat.

Well I’ve got plenty of those spare I used them for making jerky before I bought my two big dryers so will use one of them thanks

I put them in a MTM case mouth end down and put them in front of a window for a weeks or two. The case stops them from touching each other and tarnishing. I may also put them in front of the wood stove for a week and even put them up on top of the wood stove for 5 min. It is only just too hot to touch for any length of time. Not an annealing temp or time on the case heads.

I have enough cases in the rotation to be able to leave them at that stage for a few weeks.

@anon19591382 scroll all the way up on this thread… You’ll see me making brass jerky. Dehydrator is the way to go.

Yeah ok JS they are the same trays as my old spare dryers I remember seeing that the other night when I was looking at the tumble dryer you posted GEEZ OCD old age not too sure what I’ve got but hey if you don’t know then ask thanks heaps looks like i’m ready to go when the tumbler arrives

You may need to buy stainless steel media (pins). I am not sure if your one will come with them or ballbearings.

You can find them on eBay or in your shed and an hour with wire cutters and some small nails.