Wet tumbling with sanity

That is the way I used to do it as the cases are never that dirty if at all that would cause any issues for my dies. Perhaps a little bit of carbon soot on the outside of the neck.

I have since added the annealing step to the process and just for good looks more than anything I didnt want to tumble after annealing as it polishes that nice little bit of discoloration away.

The annealing really needs to be before the resizing as well so that had to be taken into the equation and I was also concerned (I think unnecessarily that the carbon on the inside could make the anneal inconsistent)

I dont think any of that helps but your post sounds like a good plan.

I would take out the primer though. Think about it. Its a tiny hole that we want consistent ignition to occur from the first case to the 500th. how can it do that with bits floating around in that pocket. of all the places to clean I think the primer pocket is one of the most important.

Ok then Sungazer thanks for that and yes the next step will be annealing my brass so i’ll take your advice and do it before tumbling I’ve been reading plenty on annealing so should be able to manage that ok
so thanks for your info mate

@anon19591382 don’t forget some before and after pics for us mate!

Yep right-o

1 Like

Picked up my tumbler today looks good spare belt spare seal will have to change plug on lead as it didn’t come with an adapter lead also come with ball media but the other media should be here tomorrow so might do some brass over the week end

1 Like

Get a small plastic container. Tip some BBs in to that. Tip graphite in to that. Shake. You now have awesome neck lube dispenser. :slight_smile:

Yeah thanks JS and how do you think for liquid in the tumbler I use Lemon Sparkle FINISH Gel with the water instead of normal dish washing liquid and citric the Finish Gel is for dish washers supposed to make things shiny

Anything works. Don’t overfill the bucket. Add your cases, detergent, etc. about 5cm from the top and then about half fill with hot water. Don’t over do the citric acid, about third of a tea spoon worth. Use hot water and make sure to thoroughly rinse everything under cold water after cycle to avoid staining from citric acid when drying. That’s about it.

right thanks mate

Ah and with this size tumbler how much media goes in I bought 5lb probably too much I suppose

How big is the bucket?

It’s the same as yours the one on top of the page

She’s right JS i’ll sort it out mate

A kilo for my bucket is more than enough

Have another bucket of water to drop them into, but in that bucket put a half teaspoon of bi-carb into it, which neutralise’s the acid.

Never used soda, just rinsed and it and that was that, only once had stains and that’s when I didn’t rinse under cold water.

I find that a lot of the time, people add things because they were told to, but never actually experimented with alternatives. Like I said in the title of this post - with sanity and no cobra semen.

Just use cold tap water. No need for anything else.

Right-o thanks for that info gentle men and sorry to keep on about it just that I wanted to get the right thing going just got to deliver some jerky and then I will spend the afternoon shinnying some brass cheers and thanks again

Feel free to deliver some jerky this way mate!

Need an address for that mate and i’ll send you a couple of bags of each to try ‘’ chilly and plain’’

Sound good to me, I’ll send you some slugs in return if you like?