Unusual designs

I tend to disagree. While I don’t think it was intended for combat use, I do think it would have been used as a training drill with the intention of emptying the magazine in a rapid but controlled manner at a pace that would equate to 20 in a minute. The primary benefit being accurate rapid fire in an emergency.

But that could just be wishful thinking

How about what is possibly the earliest bullpup rifle?

1 Like

This vid may make you want to reconsider the myth.

Good video , would be interesting to see how many rounds hit the target.

Lol, I’d get 1 shot off in Slooowmo.

That’s impressive, I’d agree though that it’d be good to see the target

Here is an interesting read on the “Mad Minute”

“The first Mad Minute record was set by Sergeant Major Jesse Wallingford in 1908, scoring 36 hits on a 48 inch target at 300 yards (4.5 mils/ 15.3 moa).”

The specs are a bit tighter on the scoring rings with todays scoped Rifles and bipods. We dont shoot 300 very much but here is one of my most resent targets.

Got to love the electronic scoring.
Good shooting also

Dont think I would shoot if i had to pull targets such a waste of time and energy. Not to mention a bad back which is the same for so many aged guys still shooting the tech advances meant they have been able to still keep shooting. We have a couple of over 80’s one 85 or 86 been a member of the VRA since he was 16.

As for the shooting that was at a comp not at my home range. It looks like I should of just come up 1/8 MOA however I had already done that twice. I was a bit worried the condition that i couldn’t see affecting elevation would change and i would be way out the top.

I know what you mean. When I was doing competitions we used to have to take our turn at pulling the targets, always hated it.
My club finally got with the modern era about 6 or 7 years ago and went electronic.
No where as many arguments or disputes over scores.
Kongsberg is the brand that we went to.

I thought these were a bit different, one is sort of like a straight pull with a tube magazine, and then I’m not sure what to compare the second one too

2 Likes

This one I think looks quite nice, and it’s not a blend I’d heard of

That’s a bloody nice piece of engineering but it looks heavy to carry around

A really nice and unusual gun. The weight was 13.5lbs so about 6kgs had some Titanium parts again really high end stuff.

I dont think the weight is an issue when you go on an African Big Game hunt because you have your man servant carry the gun for you.

That is one beautiful gun and a bloody good design. Not sure what it went fo but I think that it would be worth every cent.

I like the idea of one in .22.

Great engineering. 8 rounds of 416 Rem magnum rapid fire would leave a mark…

I don’t think it’s been auctioned yet. The video popped up on Sunday so I dare say it’ll be soon, but I’ll be looking out for what it does go for.

1 Like

How would one go as a shotgun? I’d say it’d probably be a high end duck or quail gun, but would there be a market? Or could you find a less finely finished one for pigs?

Would be good for ducks, not quite as fast as a semi auto but would still be OK.
Pig gun would be interesting.