Townsville floods

I’m sure there will be an inquiry after this, I hope the greedy council and the greedy developers all get what’s coming to them, not that I expect it’ll happen.

Mmmmm,. not what media is reporting. Perhaps they got it wrong again.

I might have it wrong mate…

Yep the media has got it very wrong. …The flood gates were partially open after the first big nights rain to try to control the flow but as @gundmc has said when you get the type of rainfall (1800mm in ten days unofficially recorded near Bluewater) theres f@#kall that can be done. The other thing is that successive govts hage been trying to deliver a Flood proof Bruce highway and where they’ve done mitigation works it simply pushes the water into areas that didn’t previously flood. Add to this the complacency that has crept in for many people because we haven’t seen a genuine wet season let alone a record smashing wet for almost a decade and ya get the situation that’s just occurred. Also when the rains started the Ross was at criticality low levels …Noone not even the bom were able to predict what was going to occur .Ya gotta remember fellas hindsight is always twenty twenty :beers:

3 Likes

Faaark me. Does that mean I got it wrong?
Nothing new there just ask SWMBO.

2 Likes

Not so much you bein wrong OB more the media stirring shit. Whenever things go wrong the media seems to start looking to lay blame (in this case before the water has even dried) even when there’s no real blame to lay. :beers:

1 Like