Starting load for 303-25, please?

what ya talking about?

https://www.maryboroughgunshop.com.au/products/ammunition/

1 Like

Note to self.

And:
https://www.ballisticstudies.com/Knowledgebase/.25-303.html

1 Like

Sounds a bit like the business price, too expensive. I hope the guy who bought it, got it for a better price than they gave me.

I heard they came down on the price of the business a fair bit, also their ammo prices are a lot more realistic now, I remember seeing a box of 20 303-25’s for $80 a few years ago.

@MaxJon just splitting responses between Carcano and 303-25.

As for 303-25, I have a couple hundred jacketed pills and no time. Once I get those zipping, I’ll probably stick to it, not expensive being how rarely I shoot it. Although, couple thousand cast pills for a rainy day never hurts :slight_smile:

I think 303-25 is capable of crazy flat shooting, which I suspect would come at a price of leading. Like 3000fps+ which all load data suggests is possible… With a cast pill I think it would be leading galore, even with powder coating. I think gas checks would be needed here.

Yes I make my own gas checks, I only desire 1800 fps. I’m only using it for a service practice rifle, no scope.

Ooo how do you make them? Maybe a new post - DIY gas checks is in order, I would love to know/be able to do…

1 Like

$80 WOW! Who would pay that? Not me…

Have .30cal ones sorted to be exact same weight as Hornady, and consistent. Working on tooling for .25cal at present.
Will post pics etc…at some point.

2 Likes

Not me either mate

[Uploading:
Cast a few CBE 95gn .258 bullets for my .25-303 today. Came up pretty good! One thing I really love is the gascheck/bullet base will be seated in the case neck, a real accuracy benefit I believe! See pick of case neck with slot in it…Big thanks to CBE for another great mold!!

2 Likes

CBE 95gn for those interested

4 Likes

Old thread…but since I’ve acquired a Field mount for my skippy, im going to load some 87gn Speer TNT, hoping for the magic 3000 fps out of my Sportco No1 Mk3 BSA

In sure those speeds wont be a problem my bet would be closser to 4000fps

1 Like

With lead though, would be super interesting to see the bore after.

1 Like

Never know till you have a go…

Hmmm im thinking 3200 before the primers start getting flat…limitations of the rear locking action…

Yeah, you 'aint gunna get anything like 3000+ without some serious pressure issues.
I did some load development for my uncle using my grandfather’s old 303-25. I’ll have a look for the data for you. From memory I used 2206H and 87gr jacketed for around 2750 f/s…
I’ll have to get back to you.

1 Like

Thats what i thought…Im not too fussed…i thought around 2800 would be it…I have 3 powders, 06H,08, and 09…but i think I’ll go straight for 06H…