Start Practising World Championships 2030

Im talking Fullbore…forget the rests…so spotting scope, mat, jacket…maybe plus 1000 at the most…I think you are going on brand new prices…i just bought a Leupold 60x spotting scope for $200. Most clubs have club gear to use, so that one can try before committing to spending much money at all really…

1 Like

Lmao like that poor dude here who bought a cheap omark. Then probably, few hundy later relaised a howa would have been cheaper choice after you get the prehistoric hardware for it. I say Omark is a horrible suggestion for a first gun to a new shooter. Thats why the sport is dying. Howa, varmint barrel, you’re rocking and have huuuge choice of after market support.

Im not talking F class, and even if i was, a Howa is probably a just cut for the class. A 308 or 223 Omark will outlast the Howa everyday, for the deliberate class that is F class…no magazine required.

Why would you ever suggest a sigle shot gun to a new shooter ? :thinking:

To a new TR or F class shooter its the best tool! Im pretty confident VRA rules only allow single feed only, not to mention single shot rifles are more rigid, and accurate. Its horses for courses…

Right! Well, I veered off course a long long time ago it seems. I am speaking purely about an individual who has no guns and having someone introducing them to the sport. In which case, modern, new, the rule of cool or it’s all over. Perhaps separate conversations here.

1 Like

I may have veered also…the OP is referencing F class…oops…! Either way the Omark makes a great F class rifle…

But really, we all know that something belt fed is ideal for that discipline!

1 Like

Haha you missed the belt fed Demo at Castlemaine 3 weeks ago…Jeff did a great job once again…

303 Classic shoots are where its at! 10 shot mag absolutely necessary!!

I can’t imagine they’d be keen on me showing up with a .303 Martini-action rifle, somehow :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

A mate shoots a 303 MH in a 50 shot service match with strings of 5 in 30 seconds. Holds the rounds in his mouth, hes quite good at it actually. He gets all 50 out too!

Theyd find or make a class for you!

I’m sure they would, but I’m just not a patient shooter - I don’t enjoy the sort of shooting where I’ve got time to brew a cup of coffee between shots. Service Rifle and Big Game Rifle move at a more practical pace for me - and yes, I use a .303 Martini for both of those :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah i really like the 303 classic shoots ran by NRAA/SSAA…combined rapid, snap, and deliberate…But i also like/miss Fullbore…

1 Like