Powder Flasks DIY Leather

Yes, the bull horn is thicker in the tip, & it takes up half the horn in most cases. Makes it difficult to drill, & it will not hold as much powder as a cow horn.
Keith.

Thanks mate I’ve been flatout like a lizzard drinking of late, starting to get some free time again so I’ll be lurking around :laughing:

@bentaz you make the mask mate and I’ll wear it lol…:wink:

Gee all this Black Powder talk is giving me the itch to go gun shopping, not that i can afford it atm. I guess it can’t hurt to look :unamused:

1 Like

Just do what i did. Buy an old clunker. lol

I have a bit of the same itch. I went into the LGS at Seymour to buy some powder but they didn’t have any. A bit backwards but I figured I could make some loads for that BP shotgun I have and just keep looking for the right BP gun. Its a really big range of stuff to choose from not sure where to start as in type of rifle and then I am scared I would not be buying something genuine and worth what I was paying for it.

I think I would like to go non cartridge as in muzzle loader, but the other part of me says go for something that can shoot reasonably well.

@bigpete if you are going into the business of selling some cow horns you could put me down for one.

@sungazer I have a .58 ml zuave that could be for for sale. if your interested you can check it out on the weekend i have a mold for it too i think

1 Like

If i may ask, what kind of coin are we talking here and what did you get ol mate. I’ve had an itch to go to the dark side, ever since I went on a shooting play date with Noisydad. It’s been eating at me ever since, I got to play with a plethora of BP funs. Was some serious shooting fun…:blush:

I bought a CVA 50 cal ML for $250. In fair to good condition. Spent about another $50 on accessories. Plus powder etc.

Hmmm that brings it into range even for a TA like me…:blush:

:+1: I apreciate the encouragement, I’m not sure the Mrs shares the same sentiment. lol but :hear_no_evil: to dat… :smiling_imp:

Hey, nagging should work both ways right !.:wink:

I draw a line at ML guns! But having shot @Oldbloke and @bentaz front suffers, they are heeeeeaaapps of fun. I’m just not allowed yet, apparently there’s an age restriction on when you’re allowed to own one, I’m not there yet. But, heaps of fun. The entire process is fun.

It is always better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission :thinking::thinking::thinking::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Somthing to look forward to mate,get older get more cool guns :blush::blush::blush:

1 Like