Martini Cadet in .223

Don’t take him personally @juststarting is just stupid. I mean have you seen his abomination of a 223? He’s in no position to judge anyone :rofl:

Doing some reading he has got a point in that there can be extraction issues with .223 in Martinis.
Might keep looking for a .222 rimmed.
Holts had a pile of .22lr ones when I was there a couple of weeks ago.:thinking:

You shut your mouth, shotgun boy.

They are pretty cool.

https://www.ozgunsales.com/listing/64312/bsa_martini_222_rem.html
@Wombat

Have to give them a call. Thanks.

Heathen

And at the aforementioned price point, a Howa all the way.
Those sort of converions can be really hard to price.
Timber type, quality, grade
Barrel quality, manafacturer, how many rounds?
Who did the work? Is it a reputable Smith or some blokes uncle? Can it be verified?
Using only the action it’s hard to have any real retail price for a starting point.

@Wombat what about…
https://www.buyusedguns.com.au/handr-handi-rifle-223--15347.html

That ain’t not bad at all!

Golden Flash cartridges in Vic had one for 500. Nice raised cheek piece too!

It’s now sitting in my safe and will be my next project.

3 Likes

Nice! I think it was worth 500, the parts to build it, would cost way more! What’s the barrel like? Does it eject well??
Welcome to the best, friendly forum for shooters!

Good stuff mate, also welcome!

Barrel is good and has Sturm Ruger stamped on it so obviously re purposed.
Haven’t fired it yet but will take a strong cleaning rod with me just in case the ejection is not the best.
But stock is excellent and a nice bit of timber, forend is ordinary and will get some attention.
I’d been chasing a Hornet or K Hornet for some time and even considered butchering my International but couldn’t do it so when this popped up I tried very hard not to buy it but lost the battle.

3 Likes

Your lucky my budget was blown when I discovered it lol. I had just bought an Omark, but I would have preferred that. Might have to convert the Omark to 223.

1 Like

…but you won the war. :slight_smile:

2 Likes