Howa M1100 Feeding Issues - Is There a Fix?

I just watched a RackNLoad YouTube review on the rifle and the guy displayed that if theres slight upward pressure on the bolt when loading, it catches and causes the round to jam. He then displayed that when it’s pushed forward smoothly, rounds feed just fine.

This lines up as last time I was at the range the jamming wasn’t consistent, some rounds fed fine and others jammed. I have a sneaking suspicion that I was unconsistent with my pressure during the bolt throw.

Anyway, I’ll test this out as well.

1 Like

We love Science!

1 Like

Yeah I get that and I bet it would be proportional to the projectile shape as well. But reality is you should be able to operate the bolt without too much thought. If CCI standard which are a very common shape and not very waxy or oily then you have a production fault.

1 Like

Update,

Zero feeding issues today except for the last round in the magazine, which points straight up.

My solution, leaving a round in the magazine, so when shooting a 5 round group I loaded 6 in the magazine.

The bolt is also now much, much smoother. I think the feeding issues were coming from too much upward pressure on the bolt previously as well as the bolt being a bit rough and jaggered when it was brand new.

1 Like

Glad to hear that mate.