Fishing forum recommendations

Fair enough. I’d be targeting gars and squid at this time of year. A/ because they are tasty in their own right and B/ because snapper LOVE them…

Keep entertained with catching the ‘bait’ and keep a sneaky line out for something more substantial.

Sounds like you may know a good mentor then. does he catch anything or just like going down to the pier to chat with mates:grinning: get out of the house type fisherman? good father son time?

Heaps, but the old codger brigade only do fresh water.

Mate go down to nearly any pier in the bay and if you dont find a heap of old codgers with long poles jiggling squid jigs ? well I dont know the two just seem to go together. You can get some good flattys off some of the piers like Rye and others in the area. I have always liked surf fishing but caught next to nothing. fishing off the rocks at the back beaches on the mornington peninsular I usually get a few sweep and lots of Rock cod which a lot of people dont like but my wife makes them into some pretty nice dishes with a bit of spice.

Hi JS. For someone like you that likes to really do something properly if your going to do it all, this is great advice. I really can’t imagine you enjoying bait fishing for very long.

Ohh yeah, I used to be utterly and completely obsessed with fishing, I have more money tied up in fishing gear than rifles. Give up the idea now before you become addicted

@Bent_arrow LOL