Field Knives whats your favorite?

So it stays forever sharp? I’d love to.

So, effectively, yes: it is a boar spear! :rofl:

Back when i was the only one to use my knives (read: no wife leaving my kitchen knives in the sink and banging up the edges :persevere:), i would reset the edge on every blade i owned every New Year and then only use a steel for the rest of the year. The blades would stay sharp enough to take off arm hair. It can be done with care and practice.

Or you could just buy a good knife :wink:

Yes but its not a boaT spear!!:grinning:

But you buy a good knife every year :wink:

Only stiring. It’s a handy solution but a prefer a knife not a disposable blade. :grin:

:rofl: bloody fat thumb!

1 Like

Yeah, I like fixed blade more, tbh, but this is perfect for what I need it to be.

Where did you purchase the Razor Blade knife from?

Mansfield fun shop. I was there in person, but they have a huge presence on eBay too, here:

(same mob, The Shooting Zone is their old business name, that they kept on eBay)

I was quite impressed with it, even though I snapped a blade. I’m fairly sure I’ll end up buying one😎

I’ve been using one for many years. They have surgical sharp blades which are replaceable. If it gets blunt just replace the blade with a new one. They are light, high vis handles so you can easily find them. From rabbits to Sambar deer they make life easy.

If they can do an Elk it’s the knife for you.

What holds the blade in place?

That horizontal piece at rear of the blade attached to a backing plate. A bit tricky to get on at first. Although rock solid.

Might have to look into them.
Could be a good utilities knife to keep in the glove box.

Will be picking one of these up next time i see one

I have one of them, all true… But found the blade to be too flexible and small.

@AusTac if you want Havalon Piranta, I have one with 12 spare blades and pouch in as new condition, $fiddy and it’s yours + but you do your own PTA LOL

1 Like

@juststarting thanks for the offer mate, might look into that model, not keen on it yourself?

Not keen on the smaller one. I have bigger version (scroll up). I love the bigger model. Smaller model is excellent, just not for me.

Thanks mate, just got this little ripper for my birthday!
Can’t wait to get it bloody…

2 Likes